I have BIG news!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you hair colour and style are beautiful (and I should look so good being grumpy & frumpy, lol).

Honestly you say? You mean that??

Well...

In all honesty...

Keeping in mind that I rarely like 'wedding' hair because it does look sorta... phony ...

Yours is ...

PERFECT! :thumbup

Your hair is going to look absolutely perfect with that dress of yours! Any flowers in the hair? Pearl pins?

I really like it!

Awww thanks guys... You have all made me blush! :blushan::blushan::blushan::blushan:

The highlights I had put in a couple of weeks ago, about 2 days after I had my wisdom teeth out. I had to warn my hairdresser that I wouldn't be able to smile even if I liked the hair lol!

I really like it, but it's so nice to have other's opinions! Thank you guys! :D

More updates!! I was shopping with my mum the other day and she bought my jewellery as a present for me :D Bless her!

I was looking at all kinds of things, and most wedding jewellery is diamante/crystal, and very sparkly etc, which isn't really the sort of thing I'd normally go for. So I was in a shop, and saw these:

http://azendi.com/products/Graduated-Silver-Ball-Necklace.html

http://azendi.com/products/Silver-Graduated-Balls-Bracelet.html

http://azendi.com/products/Silver-Ball-Earrings.html

I tried to post the pictures but it didn't work so I posted the links instead....

I LOVE them! It's very me as well. Plus I'll be able to wear them afterwards for special occasions, which is much nicer than having something that isn't very 'me' and not wanting to wear it afterwards :D

And we went to our planning meeting the other day too! We chose the drinks, and menu :biggrin2: The day will go something like:

Ceremony
Pictures, welcoming guests, and Pimms will be served :biggrin2:
Sit down for meal, which is:

Starter of Warm salad of fried Somerset Camenbert with a cherry tomato salsa.
Main is Roast Rib of Somerset beef, with Yorkshire puddings and a red wine gravy, with dauphinoise potatoes and seasonal vegetables. Veggie option is a wild mushroom and asparagus pastry case, with a lemon and chive butter served with new potatoes.
Desert is a warm pear tart with chocolate sauce :D

Then toast drinks (we found some lovely vintage champagne a while back that we'll have for this) and speeches,

Coffee/tea, and the wedding cake

Evening reception begins, jukebox is set up and later on a buffet is served!

Exciting stuff! We pretty much just need to find table decorations (STILL looking for purple tealight holders), make place cards and a seating plan. And I'm STILL looking for shoes that I don't hate and will be able to comfortably wear. I'm hoping that on Wednesday I'll be well enough to go to London with Steve whilst he has a meeting and try and find some there (although the prospect of being dizzy and alone in the middle of London is quite terrifying lol).

:bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

I love the jewelry!! and that's great that you can wear them again. luckily my gram had pearls i can use so i didn't have to buy......when would i wear those again?? but i love your silver set!!

slavetoabunny wrote:
I don't know exactly what size, style tea light holder you are looking for, but I thought this was cute:

FLO1.jpeg

http://www.alwayselegant.com/beaded-purple-flower-candle-holder-pr-220.html

I'd be happy to help you search if you can give me an idea of what you're looking for. If I could find something over here, I'd be happy to ship.

That's so pretty!!! I was looking for something like the glass holder in that pic- pretty much exactly that colour, but just the tealight holder/glass votive. Even a mix actually because I quite like the idea of having various sizes scattered about the table, and I'll be using them with clear ones as well so I doubt I'd find exactly the right size...

I've been searching this evening, and I've found this:

TL0064-P.jpg

And these (I'd only want the purple!)

shearervots.jpg

Theyre good, but still not as good as the base on that one you found!

purplepeacock wrote:
I love the jewelry!! and that's great that you can wear them again. luckily my gram had pearls i can use so i didn't have to buy......when would i wear those again?? but i love your silver set!!
Thank you! My mum was really insistend that I should wear pearls, and was quite disappointed that I didn't want to, but although I like them, I just don't think they suit me all that well. So whilst we were in the shop, after I'd tried on the necklace I ended up getting, I tried a pearl neckalace as well. She said that they didn't look as good as the silver necklace I'd tried on first lol! :D

HI Jen,

I just found this thread, and late as it is......CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!
I love weddings. I'm a balloon decorator and florist, so give me any excuse to talk weddings and I'm happy

I had a thought for your scrabble place cards- they sound like so much fun!!! If you make them up beforehand and just use a low quality stickytape (so it doesn't stick too hard) to tape across the front of the letters and around the edges of the stand. then the person putting them out can just peel the tape off as they place it out on the table.

I hope this helps.

I went to try on my wedding dress on Saturday! It's WAY too big! At least one size too big, if not more! I had to clamp my arms to my sides to stop it falling down lol :shock:

I'll be calling the seamstress and arranging to get it altered, but I was told I should probaby wait a while since I'm still losing weight....

I love it though! It felt really loose and didn't pull me in like it should have done at all but when it's altered hopefully it will do...

My bridesmaids tried on their dresses too- they look really good! One is quite a bit shorter than the other so the dress is a bit long on her so we'll get that altered and a few other minor alterations but other than that we're all kitted out!

My hen night is sounding really exciting too.... Because I have lots of male friends, I'm having to 'things'. The first was originally going to be a daytrip to Alton Towers, a big theme park over here, because it used to be one of my favourite places to go, but I quickly realised that I am WAY too dizzy right now to be going on rollercoasters and such. So now there will probably be a daytrip to a beach somewhere, and hopefully camping overnight! We'll all have a little BBQ and some drinks underneath the stars- that will be the whole group, guys and girls included- anything up to about 15-20 of us.

Then there will be a seperate girly night out in Bristol- me and 7 of my girlfriends will go for a couple of drinks in a bar in the centre of Bristol- my best friend knows the owner so they will reserve seats for us and we'll get cheap drinks! Then we'll go for a meal to a Mexican/South American restaurant nearby for food and they do great cocktails too. Then we'll go to a club afterwards where we'll have an area of seating reserved with drinks and table service so that we don't have to go to the bar and queue! We're getting dressed up in proper dresses and heels and it's going to be loads of fun. All the girls are really excited! :D

Still looking for shoes- I found some that I absolutely LOVE but they're expensive :cry1: Not horribly so, but more expensive than we can afford. I've ordered some cheaper ones which are nice, but not the same. I'll see when they arrive, but I feel bad, because my heart isn't quite in them like it is the expensive ones!

Other update is that sadly my aunty and uncle from San Francisco can't make it to the wedding as my uncle will be working in Hawaii at the time but they did give us a donation to our honeymoon bless them!

Our wedding website has a countdown on it, which currently stands at 66 days to go!!! :shock::shock::shock: EEEEEEK! I cannot wait to be Mrs. Kirtley! :biggrin2:

i'm so excited for you!!!! how did you loose the weight? I've been dieting and exercising since february and can't loose anything. i'm thinking it's the meds i take but it's so frustrating!

mouse_chalk wrote:
Then there will be a seperate girly night out in Bristol- me and 7 of my girlfriends will go for a couple of drinks in a bar in the centre of Bristol- my best friend knows the owner so they will reserve seats for us and we'll get cheap drinks! Then we'll go for a meal to a Mexican/South American restaurant nearby for food and they do great cocktails too. Then we'll go to a club afterwards where we'll have an area of seating reserved with drinks and table service so that we don't have to go to the bar and queue! We're getting dressed up in proper dresses and heels and it's going to be loads of fun. All the girls are really excited! :D
Do male strippers fit in anywhere? I couldn't find that part.:biggrin2:

oOoOo, more updates!(i have been SO out of it, lol!) i love your hair, the lighter color looks amazing on you!

purplepeacock wrote:
i'm so excited for you!!!! how did you loose the weight? I've been dieting and exercising since february and can't loose anything. i'm thinking it's the meds i take but it's so frustrating!
Thanks!

I'm not really sure actually... I think it's mostly due to the contraceptive pill I'm taking, but other than that I'm not doing a whole lot different except trying to eat healthier. I've just been put on a strict diet of avoiding most dairy, caffiene, chocolate, citrus, red wine and MSG though so that avoids a lot of calories, so I'm hoping to lose more! I have plenty of it to spare lol :rollseyes

Latest posts

Back