I adopted a bunny last night!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wanted to add that Duchess is doing great!! I can tell she is feeling much better; however, I don't know how to make her eat more pellets. She seriously only eats a few a day :?She's crazy about hay and greens, though.

Also, I've been basically letting her have the run of my room, and she loves it! She and I are really bonding too...like, she now comes RUNNING to me when I put my index finger on the ground and call to her. Then, once she's near me, she DEMANDS head rubs! :D

I've been slowly allowing Mr. Evey and Duchess time together, but he humps her too much so I have to break it up since it's only been a few days since her spay. But, before he humps, they lick each other's faces. I don't know much about bonding, but I think it's a good start.

Tomorrow (Sunday) I'm going to the shelter to meet those girls. I hope all goes well. My mom is excited, lol. She's being really supportive in my rabbit decisions, even if my dad wasn't too thrilled.

-Kathy

It really sounds like everything is working out well! I hope it continues to, and bring on more PICS!

Evey wrote:
Just wanted to add that Duchess is doing great!! I can tell she is feeling much better; however, I don't know how to make her eat more pellets. She seriously only eats a few a day :?She's crazy about hay and greens, though.

As for the pellets, I don't think they have to be a staple in a rabbits diet if they get the proper balance in nutrition from hay and salads.

Hello!

Duchess continues to be doing well...she's even eating pellets like a "normal" rabbit, lol! I don't know why she started to do it, but two days ago she ate all her pellets, and now it seems to be a trend.

She is a great rabbit...but today I brought Leo home, and she is royally pi**ed at me :?She won't even eat craisins!!

Oh! and here are two cute pictures of her...this is for you, Leaf! :)

Duchess.jpg

Duchesslyingdown.jpg

-Kathy

Bo B Bunny wrote:
She's so cute! She can probably smell Leo on you....... it happens LOL!
thanks! haha, yeah, I should have washed my hands first before I gave her some treats...:p

Back