I adopted a bunny last night!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evey

Reaction score
Someone dumped her off at a local petstore w/ two other bunnies in an aquarium about three months ago :(

Age, unknown. Gender, female. Breed, Dutch. Color, I don't know :DTheir vets claim that she is spayed, but her two friends are not yet spayed so they couldn't be adopted out yet :?I feel so bad that she had to leave her friends, but she's been there for like three months, and she is the NICEST bunny I've ever met!

I guess everything worked out and was meant to be since I had a cage, etc. from Sadie. I really didn't have any intention of walking out with a bunny because I was planning on going with Haley to Midwest to adopt a bun, but she totally had us sold when she did this on her own as my boyfriend held her...

dutchessandglynn.jpg

When you hold her, she just snuggles up in to that position and either sleeps or licks you...omg, precious!

I thought my little boy was probably the nicest little bunny around until I met her...she's so relaxed and cool about everything! How could someone dump her?!

Ok, here are more pics!

dutchesscarrot.jpg

dutchess.jpg

dutchessandevey.jpg

:inlove:

-Kathy

Kathy she's so cute:heartbeat:. Are you going to try to bond her with Mr Evey?

Look forward to more pictures.

susan:anotherbun

SOOOSKA wrote:

how cute!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats on your new addition!

-April and Bunbuns

SOOOSKA wrote:

thanks! yeah, I'm definitely hoping to bond them :D

Wow shes gorgeous! Im so jealous. She looks a lot like my foster I had, Simon, who passed away. Shes just beautiful.

When I meet her I'll look at her teeth and nails and maybe we can get a better idea of her age. You might even think about having a vet shave her belly and confirm shes spayed- I dont trust pet stores :)

I'll have to come meet her soon. She and Mr. Evey are going to make sure a beautiful couple!

She is absolutely gorgeous....and what a lucky little girl she is to :)

I'm sure Mr Evey will just love her....how could he not ;)

Cheryl

Haley wrote:
Wow shes gorgeous! Im so jealous. She looks a lot like my foster I had, Simon, who passed away. Shes just beautiful.

When I meet her I'll look at her teeth and nails and maybe we can get a better idea of her age. You might even think about having a vet shave her belly and confirm shes spayed- I dont trust pet stores :)

I'll have to come meet her soon. She and Mr. Evey are going to make sure a beautiful couple!

Thank you! yeah, I definitely want a vet to check her out to see if she's spayed and to check her overall health. I agree-I don't trust them either...especially after they told me she was a he, LOL.

It's so cute to watch Mr. Evey because he's incredibly excited about her.

And she is such a little princess. Everything she does is so feminine and proper! hahaha, I love it :DI think her name is very fitting.

Thanks, everyone!! We're sooo excited about her-she's gonna be one spoiled bunny :biggrin2:

Also, thanks for the information regarding her coloring; boy, it can get confusing with different breeds!

I'll make sure to keep everyone updated :)

Ok, so here is an update about Dutchess!!

I've been really worried about officially knowing whether or not this sweet girl is, in fact, spayed. Haley came over and we tried to feel a scar but no luck.

So, today I took her to the vet to shave her belly, and of course she happens to NOT be spayed :grumpy:

Well, her spay appointment is the 27th, but I'm a bit upset that this pet store told me that they don't allow their animals to be adopted out until they are spayed or neutered. I mean, she could be pregnant right now! I feel really weird about that :?

Also, while I was there (it's a vet clinic within a Humane Society), there were the sweetest rabbits for adoption. I am a total sucker for anything lop, and all they had were mini and holland lops :)In fact, I was going to adopt some type of lop at another rescue before I stumbled across Dutchess.

So...I think I may be asking for this bonded pair for Christmas :shock:I just stood there, petting them for like 10 minutes while they cuddled. Too darn cute :D

Tell me what you think!

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=9856835

-Kathy

Back