how can you tell apart rabbits that are exactly alike?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohsnapitscharity

Reaction score
i have three black kits that all look exactly alike. how do i tell them apart? even when they are old enough to sex at least two will be the same sex so thats not going to help...

(*thinks to self* unless one is a hermaphrodite :shock:) oh gee i think ive been watching to much of that movie Baby Mama

This is exactly why we tattoo our rabbits! You put 10 white (or black) rabbits that look exactly alike on the show table, you'd be hard pressed to make sure you got YOUR rabbit back without a permanent mark on them. (And we have to make sure that Rabbits are not switched around.)

All three kits could be the same sex as well. I know one breeder who Sweetie came from and she had three kits, all of them were girls. Sweetie was the runt

well...when younger they look the same but when they age they make get different charestics. my boys...when six weeks looked the same. by 8 weeks, one had longer ears. now one has more black and fatter face and scar on his ear, other had skinnier body, skinny face and less black.

guess it would be hard though if thier kits

Our kits were born in June, and we were very busy getting ready for the 4_H fair (which just ended). We weren't showing any of the kits, so we didn't bother with getting them tattooed -YET. However, it was getting hard to tell them apart...3 black flemmie babies..."identical triplets" comes to mind, lol. As a temporary measure, we used a black permanent marker to put a mark in each kit's ear. A tat usually goes in the left ear.We marked the right ear, so as not to interfere with a future tat, if the ink hadn't yet worn off. It's worked great. (BTW, we have done this before, and the ink never lasts more than 3-4 weeks - tops.)

Latest posts

Back