Help with Revolution

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bunny, our previous rabbit, was basically a 100% house rabbit. She just really loved to go outside. This was always with 100% personal supervision by me or my wife. She, nevertheless, got fleas on one occasion. I think from fleas in the grass from neighbor's cats and dogs. Didn't know she had fleas, until we took her to the vett....VERY embarrassing.

Next flea story. Last November, me and my wife went to my sister's house for Thanksgiving. They have a dog, and a couple they invited brought their dog also to the get together! My sister and her husband live in a very upscale home ($$$) and everything is so clean and neat. But my wife, as we were driving away, was itching a spot on her ankle and later she had spots (bites) on her abdomen. I also had some bites...we were attacked by fleas at my sister's house. So I assume we brought fleas back to the house...so...I obtained Revolution from the vett for our baby flemmish rabbits.

Oh :) my flea bites didn't appear until a couple of days later after returning from my sister's house. Since my wife had flea bites almost immediately, I suggested that my wife may have given the rabbits fleas, she wasn't impressed!!!

I've never told my sister that we think we got fleas at her house... She's a very immaculate housekeeper and I don't think I'd go down well.. Best to just let the issue die.

Ear mites was mentioned in a previous thread...

I've never had a rabbit with ear mites...but itchy ears Yes. A little background...I've had two basset hounds and they have itchy ears, I think ear wax. For the basset hounds, I'd take a tissue and wrap it around my little finger and push it into their ear to scrape out ear wax. They would groan with a love/hate attitude about this. With this experience, when Bunny was scratching her ears, I would grab her, place my little finger into her ear (s) to see if I could scrape out wax. The first time I did this she squirmed and I let her run loose...She ran about three feet...looked at me...and then ran back to me for me to continue!!! For many years, I did this.

Also, where the bunny ears join their head, I take my fingers and very gently squeeze the base of their ears. I think they enjoy this, but for sure they don't object. I do this with the Flemmish babies.

Latest posts

Back