Georgie's misbehaving

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boygeorgie

Reaction score
I took everyone's advice and put georgie in hiscage at night. He has calmed down a bit but when I'm not looking hejumps on the couch and poops! He does it at least a few times a dayespecially when my fiance is sitting on the couch playing X-Box. Isthis because he wants attention? How can I get him to stop!

That's Georgie's couch! You need to keep your fiance off of it LOL

Georgie is most likely just attempting to establish the fact that thecouch is *his*. I would just put a cover on it so it can beeasily cleaned.

Pam

You may just have to stop letting him up there.Sounds like it's his "litter box" at this point. We had to stopallowing our rabbits up there, especially Chompers as he would pee onthe couch every time he jumped up on it.

Boygeorgie wrote:
I took everyone's advice and put georgie in his cage atnight. He has calmed down a bit but when I'm not looking he jumps onthe couch and poops! He does it at least a few times a day especiallywhen my fiance is sitting on the couch playing X-Box. Is this becausehe wants attention? How can I get him to stop!

if he isn't neutered and your fiancee keeps sitting on his couch then she is going to have a whole lot more to worry about soon.

Jack (my baby boy) used to drop around my husband ...and thenafter a while he stopped pooing and starting wheeing and not justlittle ones... jump in the air full on spraying!

i would get him taken care of before being territorial really gets the better of him.

black_jack wrote:

if he isn't neutered and your fiancee keeps sitting on hiscouch then she is going to have a whole lot more to worry about soon.

Poor Georgie :( Is neutering the fiancee an option?

Just kidding :cool:
Pam

pamnock wrote:
black_jack wrote:

if he isn't neutered and your fiancee keeps sitting on hiscouch then she is going to have a whole lot more to worry about soon.

Poor Georgie :( Is neutering the fiancee an option?

Just kidding :cool:
Pam

:Dpamnock sat in my office at work laughin my head off - Ithink georgies dad may be a bit upset if he has to neuter his mrsthough lol xx

Thanks everyone for the advice.. I'm trying toget an appointment with vet so he can be fixed. I'm afraid he'll hateme afterwards though. I took my cat to get fixed and eleven years latereverytime I picked him up and walked towards the front door he freakedout... will Georgie be unable to trust me. Will the proceedure hurthim? I'm a protective mommy

Boygeorgie wrote:
I hav e thought of neutering chris.. though I think metrying to lure him into a pet carrier would tip him off... lol

Possibly -- we must be quick! (For Georgie's sake, of course)

Pam

pamnock wrote:
Boygeorgie wrote:
I hav ethought of neutering chris.. though I think me trying to lure him intoa pet carrier would tip him off... lol

Possibly -- we must be quick! (For Georgie's sake, of course)

Pam
I think neutering the men....hmmm...I've thought about that one too. LOL

Ok, I'm dying here, this is too funny!

On the Georgie note, Sampson peed right on my lap the other day becauseI was ignoring him. He begged to get up on the bed with me,but I was trying to get ready to leave the house, so I couldn't justpet him. First he came and nipped my arm and when that didn'twork, he hopped onto my lap and peed, a huge flemish giant peetoo. Oh, was I upset with that one.

Jen

cirrustwi wrote:
On the Georgie note, Sampson peed right on my lap the otherday because I was ignoring him. He begged to get up on thebed with me, but I was trying to get ready to leave the house, so Icouldn't just pet him. First he came and nipped my arm andwhen that didn't work, he hopped onto my lap and peed, a huge flemishgiant pee too. Oh, was I upset with that one.

Jen

Georgie peed on my lap yesterday because I wouldn't let him finish"combing "my hair... the gross part was when I went to rub his face init to tell him no! He drank it ...I can't win!

Boygeorgie wrote:
Thanks everyone for the advice.. I'm trying to get anappointment with vet so he can be fixed. I'm afraid he'll hate meafterwards though. I took my cat to get fixed and eleven years latereverytime I picked him up and walked towards the front door he freakedout... will Georgie be unable to trust me. Will the proceedure hurthim? I'm a protective mommy

No neutering wont hurt him, the stitches might be a little annoying butother then that he would be fine. My Flemish was neutered

Nimmy1.jpg

He calmed down AMAZINGLY after the surgery! He used to attack my dadand pee on my dad's chair, all that has stopped since I had himneutered :) Your rabbit won’t remember anything from the surgerybecause they use anesthesia. My Flemish didn’t hold a grudge againstme, and I haven’t heard of any one else’s rabbit holding a grudgeagainst them so I think your rabbit would be better off if he wasneutered :D

~Amy

It seems to me that buns have a tendency to"overmark" furniture items that are saturated with human scent, likebeds, sofas, easy chairs, recliners and the like. A simplethrow cover might make all the difference...or not.

Buck

Latest posts

Back