Fungal infections in rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wintermelon

Reaction score
How do i cure it? Thanks.

Does it spread easily? Is it airborne? Or through contact only?

wintermelon wrote:
How do i cure it? Thanks.

Does it spread easily? Is it airborne? Or through contact only?

How do you cure it? Go to a vet!

I'm assuming this is an external fungus? Where is it on the body? How do you know it is a fungal infection?

I'm guessing it's external because internal fungal infections are verydeadly for mammals and occur more frequently in immunosuppressedindividuals.

If you have a very great worry about the fungus, I suggest to go to the vet as soon as you can.

Although, I am sorry, but I do not know not much about extrnal fungus upon mammals..

External fungus is basicly a skininfection. I think the organism that causes problems in wetdewlap may be a fungus, but don't quote me. Athletes foot mayalso be a fungus, I can't really remember.

it is external. I have no idea how he got it buthe is a new addition. The vet just said fungal...and the meds that hehas been on does not seem to help. I have applied athletes foot powderto no avail. It is a tiny bald patch of fur...

he did take a culture but i have got to say the vets here aren't really fantastic...he said its' def not mites though..

Latest posts

Back