Frenchy from Animal Control has arrived..with a few issues

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoinBackToCali

Reaction score
... so what is she exactly? I never had one of these before..

She is very sweet and docile, and underweight..her undercoat is pink... you can kinda tell in these pics..

She has an ulcer on one eyelid, and a corneal abrasion, bad bad ear mites.. not the worst case i've seen, but bad enough, and some nashty stuff on her genitals. I am fearing the worst, like rabbit syphillis.

My vet has agreed to see her free of charge..AC pitched in the ginormous cage for her...

Here she is... Ms. Frenchy..

DSC_0137.jpg

DSC_0138.jpg

DSC_0139.jpg

DSC_0140.jpg

DSC_0141.jpg

DSC_0142.jpg

Trying to show the pink undercoat...

DSC_0143.jpg

Here's a pic of her *lady bidness*..

DSC_0146.jpg

Close up of the eye..

DSC_0147.jpg

DSC_0148.jpg

Close up of one of her nashty (that's how Sean Connery says nasty)ears..

DSC_0151.jpg

Blegh! Poor girlie. She looks to be a very pretty English Spot mix. It's great that your vet is going to see her for free, but she's going to need a lot of help! She looks like she could need some love.

edit: or maybe not even a mix, she might be big enough to be a truespot. could be just a broken coloring too.

Despite those things she is pretty.

Oh ew ew ew to the syphilis. Ewwwwww that looks really painful!

Yay for your vet being awesome though!

How big is she? What is her body type like? She could be English Spot if she has a slender arched look to her. Her markings aren't quite right for it but I don't know how "off" the markings get in purebreds. Also, we get a lot of mid-large sized rabbits here that look like that, they're generally mixed breeds here as they have chunky little bodies. They're especially common as mixed breed err....meat rabbits for people who don't have kids in 4Hthat would want purebreds to show.

I hope she heals up quickly!:pray:

Yanno.. she does have a slender arch to her..and she's eating like a horse..

I think I know where she originally came from.. barn wise.. and that retard has english spots..I say I know, because McGilla Gorilla arms is the only redneck I know with rabbits that look like that in these parts..I just wasn't aware she actually dyed them pink..I wasn't trying to gross anybody out with the pics, I thought a clear pic might be useful for reference. I will take it down if you all would prefer.. let me know.

Z

Actually if that is what you think it is than it would be great for the library.

:yeahthat:

Yes it's icky, but so are some of the ear mite pics I've seen, and open abscesses, and...

It's a learning experience. Actually, with your permission I'd like to put the photo of the eye ulcer in the Library too. Also known as the "If your rabbit looks like this why haven't you called a vet" section.

Edit: I'd be guessing English Spot then, especially since I think she'll be right near the weight range when she's healthy. Her face especially looks like the Spotties I saw at an ARBA show.

Aww poor little girl...that's so sad.....she's a pretty girl though.... i hope she make's a full recovery.

No, leave the photo's. They will be very helpful for future refernce. Especially once you get a good diagnosis. But I goot say, that eye looks painful... it hurts me to look at it. The poor thing!

Kudo's to your vet for being so good... and hugs to you for taking her in.

The coat appears rather long and soft for an English Spot, but hard to tell from the photo. She really doesn't appear to be an English Spot, especially if she's actually underweight. She looks like she's carrying too much lose skin in the forequarter for a Spot. Maybe a lop mix?

Pam

Aw, poor baby :(

She should do well under your care!
My Pandaboy is colored and marked like that, Maybe she's a polish rabbit? Or a English spot?

poor girl! a pink under coat. how does that happen/what does it mean? i've never seen/heard anything like that! i hope the vet can fix her up!

Latest posts

Back