Frenchy from Animal Control has arrived..with a few issues

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could that be some sort of bot fly or something making that horrible mess on her?

Poor baby! The pink is just food coloring most likely.

Aww, bless her, she's beautiful!

Her 'bits' do look so painful though... poor girly... :(

Even if the dye was food colouring and doesn't hurt them, surely people can distinguish between a pink 'Easter Bunny' in a story, and a real life bunny that has unique pretty markings and comes in all sizes colours and patterns.... Sorry, it just makes me mad! :X

I really hope that she makes a good recovery, your vet sounds amazing for seeing her for free... I know she's in good hands with you! Please keep us updated!:)

Jen xx

Poor baby.... How could someone ignore all the nasties growing on her body?? Especially the private bits - that looks down right PAINful!! I hope she gets better soon, she deserves so much better, and I know you can give her that.

mouse_chalk wrote:
Even if the dye was food colouring and doesn't hurt them, surely people can distinguish between a pink 'Easter Bunny' in a story, and a real life bunny that has unique pretty markings and comes in all sizes colours and patterns.... Sorry, it just makes me mad! :X

:yeahthat: There are so many beautiful types of bunnies already that I wish I could have them all myself!

It's something that has come down through generations since around the 50's I think. Kinda dumb I think - especially on a patterned bunny. They used to dye the chicks and white bunnies and all..... I remember we had chicks given to us one year.

I guess since it doesn't hurt them it's not something I worry about but her condition otherwise is appalling. The guy needs to be hung by his toes.

Now that i think about it i remember hearing from both my momma and my mother in law about pink baby chicks and rabbits. and they are from the 50's era. my poor mother in law got a baby chick one easter and she loved it. then one night they were at the table eating dinner and well.......the chicken they were eating was HER chicken.....life on a farm =)

BlueGiants wrote:
It is illegal to dye animals (chicks, rabbits, etc.) in certain municipalities... earlier this year, a woman in Colorado got in big trouble cause she dyed her poodle pink.

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=87873
That's right, I think that's in most places now. I think it's a great idea, too, that way people can't see a display of colorful bunnies and chicks in the store and think they would look great with the Easter basket.

slavetoabunny wrote:
GoinBackToCali wrote:
Yep.. the guy who surrendered her said she was an easter bunny and they were tired of her.
Can we shoot him? That's legal in Texas, isn't it?

Only if he's moving...I think.

She's a pretty girl, I will never understand how anyone could ignore her illness. I hope she makes a complete recovery.

Dittos on everyone's input about the photos, educational reference, and your big healing hurt, Z, to get her help ~ along with yer vet. !!!

Bo B Bunny wrote:
'The guy needs to be hung by his toes.
You are much kinder than I am, Bo B Bunny. I would choose another part of HIS anatomy for hanging! :biggrin2:

Has she seen the vet, yet? Any diagnosis?

Latest posts

Back