Faye Day

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so we are home now. Faye's doinggreat. right when they brought her out to me I opened up thedoor and rubbed her chin. She started purring (which wasgreat for me to see) and then I talked with the doctor( he said thingswent great) the doctor would like to see Faye eat her normal food(instead of nutrcal(sp)). He said theres no need fornewspaper because the stitching is under the skin(?). He alsosaid I would have no problems with her picking at the stitching( samereason, under skin). She just looks great!! Ihaven't seen the area because I just let Faye go under thebed. I have a flashlight and have been checking on her every20 mins. I put some lettuce , raisins, and veggies under thebed for her to snack on. I want to let her have some time torest and then at 7:30 I well be giving her water and checking herbehind. Shes stretched out very comfortable( not sitting upor anything like that). I couldn't have pictured a better endto the day ( she just looks great). They let her have theblanket and stuffed rabbit to lay with all day :Dat thevet. Well I'm going to go check on her. I don'tknow if I said this but I'm going out for an hour tonight to watch mysister play the violin with a Friend of hers at a restaurant.My point is my Friend is bringing a camera so I should have somepictures of my new short haircut, and my sisterlater on thisevening.

Peter

Oh, how wonderful! It's amazing howwell some of them do. That is great they let her have theblankie and bunny at the office.

I sure hope she's eating ok. Has she nibbled at all?

Sorry I didn't see this post earlier.Sounds like Faye's doing wonderful!! Lenci bounced backpretty quick too! Like Carolyn said, keep an eye on the woundfor any signs of infection. I would also make sure she getsclean litter every day. Did the vet put her on Baytril toprevent infection?

If you need someone to talk to, I just had Lenci spayed and Iszy isbeing spayed on the 25th, so just private message me if you needto.

So glad to hear that Faye had no complicationswith her surgery. Hope she is eating and drinking well for you and thatshe heals up quickly.

Good bunny daddy making sure everything is all clean and neat for his little girl!

Fergi's mom

So is this your setup for the night? LOL

spay2.jpg

Bo B Bunny wrote:
LOL! I think that's about right Lissa:)
we sleep in the same room perhaps I well sleepunder the bed( hahah). I'm sure I'll have my hand hangingdown under the bed all night petting her, but I hope she sleeps on thebed:D

LOL You might have to help her upthere. Her tummy probably isn't feeling it's best right nowto be hopping and she really isn't supposed to for a while.

I know you won't sleep right til she's all back to normal. Idon't think I've had a good night's sleep ever between pets and humankids I end up with one eye open and a foot on the floor :p

Bo B Bunny wrote:
LOL You might have to help her up there. Her tummyprobably isn't feeling it's best right now to be hopping and she reallyisn't supposed to for a while.

I know you won't sleep right til she's all back to normal. Idon't think I've had a good night's sleep ever between pets and humankids I end up with one eye open and a foot on the floor :p
thats right

That's really great thatshe'srecovering so well already. She knows what a loved bunnyshe is. I'm so happy for you both :D.

Kate

Hi Peter

So pleased everything went well. As you will see the wound isnot a pretty sight but everyday the fur will have regrowth and it willbecome much better.

Looking forward to the new pics of you with your shorter haircut. it's nice to see images of people you 'speak' to.

You are a wonderfully responsible bunny-owner. Faye is one lucky bunny.

Well, it's Tuesday, and I hope Dr. Pete got some rest (I doubt he got much) and little Faye did as well.

How's she doing today Pete?

Sorry I have taken so long to get back to thispost. Faye had me worried all day ( As any good Rabbit ownerwould) with her not eating. I think the meds just weared offso shes not kicking her feet back like last night, but thats ok, sheprobably does not feel good. I gave her two syringes of water( and 5 this morning) and two syringes of pumpkin. I havebeen changing out her lettuce all day. I just put down somecilantro, romaine, and 3 baby carrots( hoping and praying she well eatsomething on her own). Well to my relief she chomped down onsome of the cilantro. Oh and Lissa she I did find some poo inthe litter box( perhaps from last night). Shes pretty muchlied on the blanket under the bed all day. I had a heatingblanket set up all day today and just removed it( she did not care forit). I'm going to go put my hand on her back(just so sheknows I'm there). Things really look good. I justwant her to eat more, but I'm sure that will come. Thanks forall the help. Especially those who have been checking up,listening to, talking to, and giving advice to me all day.

Love Peter &Faye

I'm so happy she ate some cilantro! They seem tolove that and it's really good for them. I give Bo a bigbunch sometimes .... his eyes get really big and he munches! :)

It's going to take a few days for her to get back to normal.Lissa can tell you how miserable it is to wait for that time, I'msure.

Poos and some eating is the best news, tho. Of course give her kisses from us too :)

Latest posts

Back