EMERGENCY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(RIP)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It also might be helpful to know the diarrhea doesn't stink bad. I can smell a faint odor to it ... but not much at all. Cocci should stink .. ?

I do have a good probiotic - it's a probiotic gel called "Fastrack" ever hear of it and/or use it ?

The fastrack probiotic I have is "Ruminant Microbial Gel" ... so it's actually for ruminants (goats, cows, deer). So I don't know if there's a difference that would be of any concern or not ?

I also have some yogurt. If I can't use the fastrack - I could use the yogurt.

What does the diarrhea look like on the ground? Does it look at all bloody?

(I'm having trouble posting btw, so sorry).

The Fast Track comes in gels for ruminants and non-ruminants and I'm not sure what the difference is. It could just be the bacterial population. The problem with yogurt is that it contains naturally occurring sugars which can be detrimental with an imbalance.

sas :?

Where are you in PA? If you can't get her to a vet support her through the night. Others have offered good suggestions. Get her to a vet first thing in the morning. Beg to see the vet. I just had to do the other day.

Nevermind ... sigh. She's gone. I'm broken hearted. I loved all my bunnies ... but Skittles was my favorite. There was something special about her that I loved. I feel so broken hearted right now. She groaned when I picked her up (right before she died in my arms) I was holding her and felt her very last heart beat. I held her for several minutes after she passed away ... hoping that there would be some chance she'd "return" to me. She didn't. My heart is aching right now. Most people would think I'm crazy for feeling this way about a rabbit ... but I truly am heartbroken and truly will miss her.

I don't know if getting another giant chin will fill the void and help my heart heel, or not. I so badly wanted to see my beautiful bunnies grow to be big healthy rabbits ... and to play in their play yard that I'm building for them. I really would like to find another baby or two now. I don't think I can bare going without atleast a giant chin ... like Skittles. I do still have Patch (my mini lop) but she's my only bun now .. and she's not a luv bunny at all. I need a bunny or two who will be my luv bunnies ... like Skittles was. Snickers (my flemish giant that passed away as well) was cute and I loved her ... but she wasn't as "loveable" as Skittles. Skittles would let me luv on her. I need that. I don't think I can go without it now that I've experienced it.

Anyway, thank you for your opinions and advice. I truly am grateful. I wish things would've worked out differently ... but such is life.

I'm sorry Julie... we all understand. Perfectly :sad:

So sorry, Julie. She was pretty far gone, the chances weren't very good at all no matter what the treatment.

If you can't get a necropsy done, you may want to scoop some of the diarrhea up in a plastic bag or wrap and call a vet to see if it's still worth sticking it under a microscope. It would be good to know what you were up against in terms of future rabbit care.

So sorry for your loss. :(

sas :rainbow:

OMG Julie I am so so sorry. I know how long you wanted a bun or two and how excited you were when you found them. I think I still have that email. I know how you feel. And send you a big hug:hugsquish:I hope you can figure out what happened and glad that patch is ok. Hugs, Cathy

I'm sorry for your loss. I would have a fecal done as someone above suggested. It may offer some clue to what caused both your rabbits to pass. I would check the feed too.

Latest posts

Back