Dutch or not?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s2andm2

Reaction score
Hi, there I have a three year old bunny, andstill don't know if he's a dutch or not, he's got the black around theeyes but hi rear is spotted. Could you please let me know ifhe's a dutch or not?

Thanks

Where is theface??? :) If anything your rabbit is a dutch mix, but we cant eventell that because we cant see the face.

~Amy

This is my Dutch

PATCHES.jpg

How many standard colors are there for Dutchrabbits? We were in Super Petz this weekend and saw some thatwere all different colors: Tan, Brown, Grey, Black (all mixedwith the white, of course). They were so adorable and VERYenergetic. They were binkying all over the case they had themin.

Laura

Did you save the original pic? I wouldjust download it again to your computer. You can usephotobucket.com to save your pics (it's free) and then copy them hereand the picture will pop right up.

Laura

From what I can tell, it appears to be a mix ofthe english spotting and dutch marking genes. I commonly seethese markings from dwarf hotot breedings.

The source of white markings or white paws can come from the Viennagene, English Spotting gene, Dutch marking gene, other modifying geneor congenital defect in the genes that prevents the color fromcompletely migrating or causes damage to the pigment producingcells. There are numerous variations that any of the abovegenes may produce.

Here is a purebred Dwarf Hotot mismark showing the effects of the Dutch marking gene and broken gene. . .

Here is a purebred Netherland Dwarf buck showingmarkings due to the effects of the Vienna (BEW)gene . .. this gene commonly causeswhite snips on the noseor white on other parts of the body often in combination with blue eyes.

Back