Does your bunny love you for YOU ....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BunnyMommy wrote:
This set me to thinking. Does Sherman love me for meor for what I do for him? It's a little disconcerting, butI'm unhappy to report that I think that he only loves me for what I dofor him!!!! :(
This just cracked me up! Such brutalhonesty with ones self is so unusual and refreshing! I'm sure Shermanloves you!

Raspberry

I think Sebastianloves us. He comes to be picked up and usually kisses whomever pickshim up. He enjoys being held and pet. Craisins do rule the worldthough....

BunnyMommy wrote:
This set me to thinking. Does Sherman love me for meor for what I do for him? It's a little disconcerting,...Whatabout you all? How do you rate your bunnies? Is itfor you or for what you do?
I think giving kisses, or grooming to the rabbit,isindicative of emotion. I mean they do it to each other whenthey are bonded. If they do it to you, it is because theylike/love you, no doubt in my mind.

Buck

I completely agree with Buck. Through my own experience, kisses fromrabbits don't come easy. I haven't gotten kisses from Tucker in months.He's attached to Fauna now. Surprisingly, tonight I did without anytreats in hand. He knows what we went through and he was telling me heloves me and he's grateful.

I definitely read it the way Buck does. I believe it does come fromemotion. That said, sometimes if you rub just the right place on thechin or ears of a rabbit, some respond with kisses. There's adifference between the two; you'll feel it in your heart.

-Carolyn

Well, then I guess both my bunnies don't love me.:( I've realized that any time they have 'kissed' me I had been holdingyogurt dips in my previously and some of the yogurt coating melted onmy palm and they were licking that off probably. :X

My boys' hearts are tough to get! It's breaking my heart that I just can't get some bunny love out of them! :(

[align=left]Saddened,[/align]
[align=left]Laura[/align]

:Dbunbun can be quite moody at times, Icall it bunny PMS!!! some days she is very loving and wants to be petand cuddled and follows me wherever I go and some days she wantsnothing to do with me unless I have treats:pafter she has hertreat she leaves and does not want me in her room!! little piggy:D

The most kisses I got is when I sit on the floorwith him and he runs around me and gets to sniff me and play with me.Last time he practically washed my hand.
I never get kisses for treats.
So I think he was just grateful for me spending time with him. I think he feels lonely.

Its funny how some buns are kissers and somearent. Guin will give you a full body bunny bath if you lether, she just loves giving kisses. But her favorite thing todo with us, is cuddle up in bed under the blankets while we watchTV. She snugs in real close and just chirps.

I used to think my buns just loved each other,but recently they have become more affectionate and today the three ofus actually lay on the floor together and snuggled - I didn't want tomove in case I broke the 'spell'. Got to admit, though, they worship mewhen I have treats

BTW Bunny Mommy, I am sure Sherman loves you, but he has a regalreputation to keep. It wouldn't do to let his subjects know he is human(well, rabbit) - Jan

bunsforlife wrote:
Its funny how some buns are kissers and some arent. Guin willgive you a full body bunny bath if you let her, she just loves givingkisses. But her favorite thing to do with us, is cuddle up in bed underthe blankets while we watch TV. She snugs in real close and justchirps.

Oh, I am jealous.

LuvaBun wrote:
BTW Bunny Mommy, I am sure Sherman loves you, but he has a regalreputation to keep. It wouldn't do to let his subjects know he is human(well, rabbit) - Jan

I'm about to steal a rabbit so I can get bunny kisses seeing as how my boys are stuck up and don't love me. :X:(

Back