Does potty trained mean no droppings

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abdelghany

Reaction score
My TUTU goes to his newspaper to peepee. But he does his droppings any where. I hear alot about potty trained rabbits. Does potty drain mean theydo both pee pee and droppings in their litter box. Also if Ikeep him in the house for a while he will pee pee on thecarpet. Is this normal.

Thanks

My bunny usually goes to pee and poop in thelitter box, thats where most of the stuff goes. His cage has wiredfloor, so some of the droppings fall at the bottom of the cage, but nottoo much.
He usually never goes to the washroom when he is outside of the cage. Sometimes I find one dropping.

So I think potty trained means the bunny has to come back to his litter box when he is outside to do his business.

I think you willget a great number of answers on this. My reading over past posts hasmade me believe that it's not uncommon at all for most bunnies to stillleavepoo's laying around occasionally. Especially near theirbox, but not in it. I believe that is a type of markingprocess/territorial type thing. Sebastian does it sometimes. He has therun of a large part of my upstairs. The kitchen, dinning room, andliving room, most of the time. He nearly neverpoo's anywherebut in or around his litter box. Upon occasion if he is munching ongreens or hay on the kitchen floor he will poo while he is eating. Ibelieve that must be a physical thing that they can't help. He hasn'tpee'd anywhere but in his litter box for months and this includes timesthat he'son car ridesand such also.

RaspberrySwirl

My rabbits use their box for the most part, butthey do leave their "territory" poos around their cage. I have threerabbits, so it seems like a lot sometimes, even if it's only around tenpoos. Thank goodness for mini vacs!

Stephanie wrote:
My rabbits use their box for the most part, but they doleave their "territory" poos around their cage.
Same here.

Ahh yes, mini-vacs are a godsend (nothing I say,NOTHING-beats my little black and decker) hehe unless of course I am ina rush, scoop them up in my hand and find one later on in mypocket....but we wont go into that :p

Anyhoot! Jaden used to be quite the little stinker with her desire tomark everything she touched, now that both girls are spayed-she onlyleaves macadamia nuts next to the out-of-cage box, and sometimes in thekitchen corner (where she desperately wants a litter box, but I havebeen forbidden to put one there) Jezebel on the other hand, has neverbeen a marker. Both girls don't pee anywhere but their boxes now.

Is TUTU neutered? Their need for marking (with urine) I have found hasdiminished over time with being fixed (keeping in mind rabbits arequite territorial) GOOD LUCK :)

Cher

I got a GREAT quote done on the post that I made about Stitch and potty training!

"If they pee in the litterbox thats what you want to happen anything else in the litterbox is a bonus"

I know thats not the quote word for word but you get the jist of it hehehe

Marie

Yeah, buns poop for a myriad of reasons, such asterritorial issues, fear, curiosity, insult, relaxation, etc.Many don't seem to be able to control that process very well atall. As poops are usually not messy, consider yourself luckyif your bun uses the litter box to pee in exclusively.

Older, more secure, and comfortable with their surroundings buns seemto do better at pooping in the litter box than younger, more excitableones.

We have never owned a bun who pooped exclusively in the litter box,though I am told such "gems" do exist. We've had atotal of ten buns to date.

Buck

i have 34 buns, and all but 4 are pottytrained..I have a few who never poo outside of the box, and for themost part they have been very neat bunnies their whole lives the onlypoops you find out of the box from them are ones that get knocked outwhen jumping in and out., while my messy buns have been always messy.and the others pee all the time in the box, and do many poos in it butnot as many as they could. Holly, met a litter box for the first timeat nearly 4 years old, and she has decided that it's to pee in and poosgo elsewhere. another interesting thing i've noticed abouta few, arethe buns who are maticulous where their poo and pee goes. I have a bunwho will pee in one box and poo in the other and she doesn't mix them..it's quite interesting LOL

Latest posts

Back