Does anyone use a blower for their buns?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MuddyAcresHomestead

Reaction score
I have angoras and have been looking into getting a blower [I groom every 2 days and while I love it, it takes forever lol] I was reading that using a blower can cut down grooming time.

Does anyone use one? Are they worth the money? What brand do you have? Would you recommend it?

Thank you!

i just took my benelli buns to the vet who grooms rabbits for 25$! she blows her out, nail clips, and combs her whole body and man did she look pretty after! she was all fluffy and extra soft and no dandruff or knots! I'm thinking about getting a blower but they are so pricey (benelli is a french angora), I've watched so many youtube videos and people hardly even comb there angoras when they use a blower and its less painful for them when they blow them instead of combing out the knots

I have a small shop vac that I use as a blower. It does help a lot with grooming, but I do still have to comb out and webbing (the blowing does help find it though). A more powerful blower can actually blow out webbing. But since I only have 1 angora, it's not too much trouble. It takes me maybe 10-15 minutes to blow and comb her out. Blowing does blow the dander out and it does get everywhere. I do wear a mask when I do it and that does help a lot. Doing it outside is best, but that's not always possible in the winter.

Thanks so much! Country-girl, I WISH our vet groomed rabbits! I've called around to all of the groomers too and nobody in our area does.
Korr, we've got a big garage so I'd probably blow out in there if it was too cold to do it outside. I've already got a respirator for when I clean the chicken coop so I'd just wear that.

I don't mind grooming, I just dislike finding angora fur on my tongue for hours afterwards! lol

I'll be shearing shortly but as of right now it still gets too chilly at night for me to feel comfortable taking away their big wool blankets.

Latest posts

Back