Deformed babies Warning Picture's

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Debs... The babies that were born at least the one was a peanut. From the dwarf gene. The Mom had many litters before and so did the dad. I got her in October already bred the day before. She stopped eatting for a few weeks and would only nibble on hay and no pellets. She was very depressed and down. I guess they just took off 7 week old babies from her before she came to me! The breeder is very good breeder. It wasnt her fault. So I dont know if it was from the eatting and the dwarf genes. The Jersey woolies, I heard is hard and get a lot of peanuts.!

Edit:: It's the same way with Lion heads. You still can get peanuts. But I dont know. That was my first Jersey Wooly babies this year. Had a lionhead litter once and a mix breed litter.

Gosh I think I'd be depressed too! I wonder if she was in a prolonged labour for her to be down and off her food like that?? Sounds like she needs a rest xx bless
Better luck next time.

She went 2 days after the due date, She had them on day 33. I was told too bred her back. So hopefully next litter will be better! Thanks. She started eatting the last week before she had her babies!

And she was bred to a different buck also!

It sounds like that rabbit needs a rest. I know everyone breeds differently, but if you think yourself that she was depressed or down, then I would have waited.

Latest posts

Back