Deformed babies Warning Picture's

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mistyjr

Reaction score
Hello,

My Doe had her babies this morning. She was due on Nov 15th. Me and my aunt went out and checked them this morning at 8am. I found 3 babies, all very cold. 2 babies were deformed and one was normal baby. They are Jersey Woolies.!

Here are some picture's I have taken! :X

DSC_0133.jpg

DSC_0135.jpg

DSC_0141.jpg

DSC_0142.jpg

Like I said on the other forum, it looks like the doe had a hard time delivering the first one that is partially eaten. Which would be why it was partially eaten, because she was eating away at it while she was pulling on it.

The other two would then be DOA because of the extra time and effort that it took to deliver the first one, which would be why they look like they do.

All the bodies were attached still. There wasnt nothing looked eatten.! I dont think they grew because she hard time when I first got her last month.. And it didnt look normal with the one baby. Was bigger, and some stuff wasnt there but wasnt chewed off.

I would still think that they were all DOA and look they way they do because she had an issue with the first one.

if it was a max factor, then that is a genetic thing, it has nothing to do with how they did or didn't grow.

That would also explain why the doe would have had an issue delivering the first one.

From the little bit I've seen of them (I didn't look too closely) and my experience with Max Factor babies...they don't look like them. Max Factors look different than that...and no - I don't have photos to share...at least none of my own.

Max factor rabbits can have a variety of abnormalities. Some of these include:

* Being Born with their eyes open.
This usually will result in blind rabbits. Also, the eyes my become severely infected because they were open in the birth canal.

* Twisted Limbs
The front of back legs can be twisted and deformed, making it difficult for the rabbit to get around.

* Flipper Like Feet
The Toes often times look like frog feet. They appear flatter and fatter than normal, but this "frog-like" look is usually enhanced by the twisted limbs.

* Extra Toes
Some Max Factor kits will inherit extra toes on the front and/or back leg.

http://www.tranquilacresrabbitry.com/article-MaxFactor.html

Photo 1 of individual looks like it's not completely out of the sack and still has cord attached suggesting this one was probably doa. 2nd photo is a peanut. 3rd appears to look normal but hard to say, but I guess the doe had problems kindling. Was this her 1st litter? Not uncommon for this to happen in 1st and even 2nd timers. Don't let it upset you, it's natures way of allowing her to practise. Her next litter should be fine x

The doe had many litter's before.. I got her in October and she had a hard time dealing with it.! The 3rd baby was a normal baby. Went I found it was away from the other 2 rabbits and not in the fur! I tried come back but it didnt! I know its way of life and raising rabbits. It's just hard is all! But thanks.

The last baby was born alive, and froze. I'm 99% positive.
It had milk in it's belly. =/

And a piece of advice, you have to get used to this. JW, and their non fuzzy counterparts, have really crappy numbers. And LOTS of problems. Especially if someone's been breeding in fuzzy ND's with their genetic problems into the JW.

Shaded Night.. Yes, The 2 babies of course were something of the dwarf genes. I went out there and looked like she just had them about 30 min. There were all still wet and bloodly. The 3rd baby was away from the other 2 babies and wasnt in the the fur, And was in front of the nesting box. I warmed the skin up but could never get to breath or move. I worked on that baby for 45 min after wards. And didnt have the chance!

Latest posts

Back