bunny sneezes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thebertofsher

Reaction score
My bunny, Sherbert, sneezes seemingly uncontrollably for about 30 seconds straight every hour or so. They sound a little phlegmy and I feel really bad for him.

I recently adopted him from an animal house that does not take the greatest care of their animals..

Do you think it could be a respiratory infection? I think that is what it might be.. should I take him to the vet for this? Or is there a home remedy I could try?

P.S. his rear hind leg is doing a lot better - he is hopping around almost normally!

Thank you!

I would take him to the vet just get him checked out ! Is he a house bunny ?

I would definitely take him to a vet. Sounds like he could probably benefit from a culture and sensitivity and some antibiotics. Has he been sneezing the whole time you've had him? Sneezing can also be a response to something in the environment that irritates them. Make sure to change his litterbox regularly to keep the ammonia down. If there's discharge though, you're more likely to be dealing with an infection.

Thank you, I have been playing with him and making sure he is always comfortable. He has been sneezing the whole time (I only adopted him a few days ago). I do clean his cage at least once a week. I do not see any discharge around his nose or eyes, but I will keep an eye on it and make him an appointment with out vet ASAP!

Maybe it's something in your house that's making him sneeze air freshener or things you spray was he an outside bunny before ? If so maybe he is allergic to things inside

I took him to the vet, and it is an upper respiratory infection. He is now on antibiotics, and sounding better already!

PS a picture of him at the vet'sImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1412695461.490112.jpg

Sorry to hear about his infection, but I'm glad he already seems to be doing better! :)

Aw glad he is getting better

Latest posts

Back