Bun still in pet store

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
samandshawn wrote:
I now see that there is a rabbit breed called the Harlequin,never heard of them before only the color, think they areAmerican? Looked at a few pics of them but her ears arebigger. Its difficult to see in the pics the body shapebecause all the pics the Bunny's are lying down, does anyone have anypics of harlequin buns?
This pic is from the ARBA site......

Its so hard to tell, she looks slighter but idon't know if she needs to put weight on? I think her ears are biggertoo, i've looked at so many pics I cant really remember!

samandshawn wrote:
If i do get her I could keep her at my mums in the tack roomuntil I find a home for her, (or talk my hubby around), butIdon't have much spare money and a bunny and cage would cost a lot, doesany have any money saving suggestions?
To save money on a cage I would build a Cavy cage (a.k.a NIC cages) theusually cost less then $30 dollars to make, which is MUCH better thenbuild a small wire cage for like $70!

Http://www.cavycage.com

There is a link on there that brings you to a page where you can locate a store near you that sells them.

You can also go ontoHttp://www.craigslist.org and lookin the free section, and they sometimes have free cages in there.

Another good cage finding site ishttp://www.freecycle.org and I havegotten 2 cages off of there for my rescue.

:)

~Amy

Pure Flemish are only in solid colors.At 9 1/2 wks, Sampson was huge, about the same size as Sage, my largemini lop, and bigger then all the other buns except Elvis myCalifornian.

As for saving money, I wish you were in the US and near me, I havecages I'm looking to sell because everyone just got NICcondos. I would tell the pet store guy that you know the bunhas been there for a while and that back in April you were told she was9 wks, so how could she be 9 1/2 wks now? Unfortunately petstores fudge those things all the time. At the first store Iworked in, it was common practice until I took over management andthrew a fit about it. (I threw several fits about severalthings. LOL) Ask him if you could get a discountfor her because they've had her for so long. I'm not sureabout in the UK, but here you can often find cages for sale in thepaper or on the internet. Also, if you can find the NICgrids, you could build a cage for very little money.

Jen

Amy thanks i've looked into it but they are allin America, i will look some more there was a dog crate free tocollector in my local paper but its gone:(

Jen i've emailed the manager and told all! so i will see what happens?

Sampson is ina NIC condo too, but oncewe move he's going to have a huge dog crate. My mom's greatdanes used to be in it before they were had run of the house when noone is home. It's 54"L x 37"W x 45"H.

Jen

cirrustwi wrote:
Sampson is ina NIC condo too, but once we movehe's going to have a huge dog crate. My mom's great danesused to be in it before they were had run of the house when no one ishome. It's 54"L x 37"W x 45"H.

Jen
Wow lucky bun! I've looked everywhere cant find anything, will look in cavy cages

How about bonding thathusband of yours to the bunnyyou want ?

Drag him down to the pet shoplet him see what her condition is, explain she needscompanionship and see what he says, I bet he says * ( with a headshake ) * Your Decision ! Itsworth a try at best.

My poor husband doesntdare use the No wordlmao he knows darn Awell I will do itthen just to spite him lol .

I'm so close to giving in and getting her, but Ihave no cage, and cant find a cage anywhere. I've tried tosend them a email but it keeps saying not able to send at the momentplease try later. Will have to ring them tomorrow and try andget a discount

Thanks everyone, trouble is I am really broke nolonger working, due too hip problem, the bunny costs half of my weeklyincome, so cant really afford her, let alone a cage of some sort, stillcant send the email I wrote to them will have to be brave and phonethem. I dreamed about her last night, oh what todo

well they have just told me its differentbunny??? I know it isn't, they cant drop price, she said thatthey have had their different harlequin's in, they even have the sameadvert forher

Back