bobbing head?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ravishing

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Penny likes to get real comfy and stretch out on the carpet. Everyone once in a while i'll catch her bobbing her head up and down. Why does she do that? What does it mean?

Oh! And sometimes she looks like she's puckering her mouth like the cadbury bunnies on the chocolate commercials that go "bock bock bock" haha (bunny honking) ... is this normal? And what does it mean?

thank you bunny lovers <3

rabbits are odd creatures,this might not be anything to be concerned about-however,-being prey animals they are hard wired to not show pain,,which brings us back to behavior patterns which can draw our attention to a problem--i hope this helps-sincerely james waller

I wouldn't worry about the bobbing head thing unless it starts effecting her in other ways. Babbitty has done the same thing since he was a baby and he's healthy, going on 4 years old. He's never had a problem.

when my buns start to doze off they will nod their head a little ...and some of mine move their mouth when their sleeping and .they pucker their mouth right before they go down and ear their cecals ...its like they feel it coming and their mouth starts chewing..kinda cute.:)

I've noticed that same behaviour with the 2 lops at my rescue - I wonder if its just a lop trait - maybe their ears being down makes them like to "bob"? Your bun is just adorable - always think lops look like stuffed animals that came to life.:)

My little boy Bobbin (named after a piece of haberdashery not because of the head) Is always bobbing his head. He's almost one and has done it since we got him. I wouldn't worry about it. x

Latest posts

Back