Binky Boo

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aw poor little guy. He's got a sweet little face tho.

Depending on how bad his butt is, you could try cleaning the mess with a damp towel or unscented baby wipes. Definitely needs a vet.

Unfortunately, any quarantine was ruined when my mom let the lady drop the rabbit off while I wasn't home. Binky resides right in the front area of the house. And then today while at work my mom put him in a cage with all the rescue rats/Binky. D;

It sounds like a combination of lack of communication about where the rescue was to go when you weren't home & a parent's being used to being the one who knows how everything should be.

So, its been a while and a lot has changed.
Binky passed away suddenly at the end of 2012. No rhyme or reason or explanation.
The rescue bunny ended up being okay once it's little behind was cleaned up and he found a forever home.

I took a little break from buns until 3 came into the rat rescue about a year ago. Two little boys and a girl, all white buns.
1012629_534268956635627_1715225556_n.jpg

The two boys got adopted fast. The little girl, Ruthy, searched for her forever home for nearly a year! Until a few months ago when some awesome people came along and adopted her. She is now living the spoiled rotten life of a house bunny and I get updates on her regularly.
10524324_721586464570541_4961114577382840937_n.jpg

Then almost a week ago my yellow lab passed away suddenly (she was featured in this blog a few times) and I've been feeling very down about the whole thing. What better way to soothe an aching heart than with something cute and fuzzy? I happened across an ad for free lop eared bunnies. It was posted nearly a month ago, so I didn't have high hopes of getting a response. But, surprisingly enough, the lady contacted me. She had one girl and one boy left, born on July 10th.

I stopped by after work today and picked out the little boy.
tumblr_naql2etsjs1sxye78o1_500.jpg

He's a barely 6 week old velveteen lop. All tiny and super soft. He is the most laid back little bun that loves to explore and isn't phased by anything.

tumblr_naqy2oBy341qarv1oo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_naqy2oBy341qarv1oo2_1280.jpg

Since the breed tends to be so mellow and chill, or so I've read, he is going to join my group of ambassadors to help educate the local community on the proper way to care for and handle small animals and pets.

Now comes the difficult part of thinking of a name.

It's great to have you back here.

I'm very sorry for your losses, but I also think it's wonderful that you've got another bunny in your life. He's a real looker :) I hope that things go well for his training as an ambassador bunny.

Since he is going to be an ambassador, you could name him that or call him Bass for short. For some reason he looks like a Ronald/Ronnie or Charlie to me. Have fun picking a name! He is super cute!

Back