Binky Boo

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if Binky was just underweight or if I'm feeding him too much. But, he's turning into a little fatty. I want to get a scale tomorrow to start monitoring his and the rats' weights. He's such a chunk now. I've been following the recommended unlimited pellet/hay diet. But, I'm going to switch him to alfalfa hay too. He might have been underweight. The pet store was only feeding him hay in the morning and some pellets in the morning/evening.

I also bought him a new cage today. I'm not sure when it will get here, but hopefully soon.

He's continuing to be more comfortable around me. He likes to hang out on the bed. And earlier he was following me around my room and sniffing my toes.

He's still growing, so I wouldn't worry that much about weight, at least not until he nears what should be his adult weight for his breed.

Binky has a new cage on the way. Should be here by Saturday, or so Fedex says. He's quickly outgrowing his current cage, so it's coming just in time!

Binky gives me a daily dose of laughter. His little antics and curiosity are hilarious. Even if they drive me insane at time. The newest thing is the dead bunny flop. I've seen him do it several times, and it's the cutest, most bizarre thing to watch. But, as soon as I move to even attempt a picture he's up in a flash.

I did manage to snap a couple pictures of him all chilled out next to one of my speakers.

037-7-1.jpg

038-7-1.jpg

Aw, he's such a cutie! I also foster rats; I have five boys of my own and four girl fosters. :D Haha, sometimes Reuben makes me feel so mean, giving the rats all this food, while he's on a strict diet! He goes nuts for Harlan Teklan lab blocks, lol.

Soo cute! just a though, but I was going to name Ripley Binky until I changed my mind at the last minute.

The new cage is here and all set up. So far, so good. I'll take pictures of it later.

Today was cage cleaning day. I got 6/8 cages in the house all cleaned out, including Binky's. Here's a picture of what our front living room (aka: The Rescue Room) looks like while I clean cages.

004-17.jpg

005-26.jpg

Mess fest. Cages everywhere. (And I hate that stupid tree!)

The dogs got a new bed too. (It's a toddler mattress.)
001-33.jpg

But, they only lay on it if I force them, of course.

Binky is so cute!! Don't worry about him being overweight, he needs the unlimited pellets until he reaches adult size, at about 6-7 months :D Then you can limit him to 1/4 to 1/2 cup per 6 lbs of bunny. What cage did you end up getting him?

Binks eats so much food! Haha.
I ended up getting this cage.

011-9.jpg

It's a little smaller than I like, but I want to eventually purchase another one and connect the two.

Binky has turned into a demanding little thing. If he wants out of the he'll let you know by rattling the cage doors. All night.

Here are some updated pictures and a video of the little brat. :p

016-5.jpg

007-18-3.jpg

Its been a while.
Binky is doing good. I'm pretty much certain he is a she. No ball droppage. :p

I've never had anything wake me up in the middle of the night. I've slept with a lot of animals in my room; dogs, cats, birds, I've had a fish tank in there. I sleep like a rock. And then Binky came along.

She rings her bell, chews on her litter pans, scratches at the bottom of her cage for the fun of it, rattles her entire cage to let me know she wants out. Half the time I wake up wanting to strangle her.

But, she's made it so far. We're going to introduce veggies this weekend. I'm searching for an x-pen to make a play area for her since I put my bed back on it's frame she loves to go and explore under my bed, up into my box spring and refuse to come out.

Binky sounds like a joy. I love the video especially the expression on your puppy's face. What the heck was that!

They are joy and priceless. Thanks your sharing your Binky Boo.

Look forward to hearing how SHE like veggies. I'm sure she will love them.

K :)

Just a quick update while I'm at work. :p

But, we just took in a lop eared bunny that some people found roaming. My mom figured since we run a rat rescue (more on the rescue later), why not take in the bun? I'll update with pics and additional information when I get home.

candykittten wrote:
eeee so exciting! I would def quarantine. Any idea on the gender

Unfortunately, any quarantine was ruined when my mom let the lady drop the rabbit off while I wasn't home. Binky resides right in the front area of the house. And then today while at work my mom put him in a cage with all the rescue rats/Binky. D;

Bunny looks like he got really hurt by something and is limping. The lady who brought him to us (who runs a dog rescue) says she things the leg is sprained. They tried to shave him (they think he got bit by something) and clean him up. But, he has urine/pellets matted in his fur. He's a fuzzy lop (I think?). I want to give him a bath, but don't know if I should. I'm probably going to give the vet a call tomorrow.

Here are some pictures. Things don't look good for this guy. Extremely matted, dirty bum, and his leg is very messed up. Doesn't move unless he has to, and when he does it's almost like something is wrong with his pelvis.

I know nothing about rabbits, so I don't know where to begin, other than with the vet.

I took some pictures of him.
We'll start with the icky ones.

001-42.jpg

His butt/back.

005-29.jpg

004-20.jpg

His dirty bum. He smells AWFUL.

Now for his cute face.

002-32.jpg

003-32.jpg

Back