Baby Bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mezza1992

Reaction score
hi just today i discovered that one of my rabbits had babbies...
we have 10 rabbits and we don't know which one is the mum although we have tried and put each of the female rabbits with the babies but the moment the baby tries to suckle, the adult rabbits push it away and run away. We took them out of the place their mum had kept them because the cat attacked and ate one so we took them to a safer place...
Question is now we have 6 baby rabbits..not new borns i'd say 2 weeks as they are already palm sized and have all their fur and their eyes are open..but how do we keep it alive?
We tried feeding them skim milk from baby bottle but not that successful and as i was reading it said that they shouldn't be fed milk so did i do something very bad for their health? and what can i feed them instead?

Yikes, not a good situation. First you need to separate your males from your females, ASAP. Its not a healthy or safe situation to have 10 together to the point you don't know what is going on, you know?
Here's a source of info- http://www.rabbit.org/faq/sections/orphan.html
Scroll down towards the bottom and you'll see a section on abandoned domestic rabbits. HTH

If you feel all the females babies you should be able to feel the swollen teats. Eek good luck finding the momma!

alright well we put the babies in a cage with one of the rabbits who we think is the mum because as soon as we put the baby rabbits next to it, the adult rabbit let them suckle for about 2 minutes instead of just running away and it licked them in the anal region [which i read the baby rabbit mum does to stimulate urine/stool]. But based on this do you think this is the mum rabbit?

Latest posts

Back