BABY BUNNIES!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for everyones help!On other websites they say to feed the bunnies every 3hours:?which now i dont know which one? well thebabies are doing fine and once in a while if we dont think the momy isfeeding the babies we will help but I think the babies arehelathy! When is the time where you can take the bunnies outof the nest and hold them and take pic. and stuff( and then put themback)?? And do you think the bunnies are warm enough out in my garragewith a heater next to them?:?

kookookachoo

Hi, I was new at this kit thing also.. My Annabelhad 4 kits and three died. I never saw her feed the kit until he wasabout 2 weeks old.I would always panic she was not feeding him, but Ifelt his little belly and it was nice and warm so all was good.

I didn't pick the kit up until he was like 2 weeks oldbecause I was scared the mother wouldn't like it, but she did not careat all.....

Hope this helps.... Good Luck!!! post pictures :D

I don't know who all you have spoken to, Kookoo,but I can assure you the people telling you only a couple of times aday are correct.

If you haven't noticed we have several breeders here and an ARBA judgewho is also a breeder, vet techs and people who have just studiedrabbits for years so they know a lot of stuff.

In the wild, a Doe leaves her kits during the day as not to attractpredators. So, she feeds them late at night and maybe earlyin the morning... this is how everyone here who has raised kits by handhas done and we have some lovely rabbits to show it worked. :)

If themother doesnt mind you touching thebabies go ahead there shouldntbe a problem i suggestdoing what i do forst thorub momma bunny so her smell is onyour hands before you touch the babies that way your smellisnt as predominant as it could bei handle the babiesfrom my litters as soon as theyare born mother permitting andshe will let you know if shewants you to touch if she doesnt want youtouching them she will charge yousnorting first time will scarethe widgets out of yubut after that you shouldbe fine

Thank you for eveeyones help. I took pic todayand now i just have to get them on my computer. I waswondering, I let one of my friends touch the babies and hold them but Iwasnt thinking avbouyt the mom not feeding them at thatmoment. will the mom reject the babies? Well thebabies are growing like weeds and they look very healthy and have fatbellies but that was before I let my friends hold them.

Kookoo

Oh okay thank you , I just heard somewhere elsethat if someone that the mom is not farmiliar with touches the babiesthat she wil reject them. But I will just have towait and see what will happen! Thank you again

kookoo

she won't reject them. If you areworried, just pet her really well with your hands before picking up thebabies. Then you will have her scent on you.

Okay thank you!! I know she wont mind if I holdthem becuase I hold her all the time but I was just worried about myfriends holding them. Thank you. Do you thinkholding the bunnies and kepping the babies away from the mom too muchwill anger her? Or do you think its better to hold them morewhen they are young?

kookoo

Sorry i cant help u with your question butcongratulations on the bunnies!! i would also like to know the answerto that question as my litter are now 2 days old, have yours begun togrow any fur yet?? I sent you a private message too just incase youhadn't noticed, Thanks, Leanne xxx

gypsy wrote:
if she doesnt want you touching themshe will charge you snortingfirst time will scare thewidgets out of yu butafter that you shouldbe fine

rofl...

Isn't that the truth!!!!:D

RusselandRoxy wrote:
Sorry i cant help u with your question but congratulationson the bunnies!! i would also like to know the answer to that questionas my litter are now 2 days old, have yours begun to grow any fur yet??I sent you a private message too just incase you hadn't noticed,Thanks, Leanne xxx

Babies will be quite furry by 10 days, so you should see a little fine down soon.

love this stage!!!!!

RusselandRoxy wrote:
Sorry i cant help u with your question but congratulationson the bunnies!! i would also like to know the answer to that questionas my litter are now 2 days old, have yours begun to grow any fur yet??I sent you a private message too just incase you hadn't noticed,Thanks, Leanne xxx

If you would it would be great if you sent that message again to[email protected]. I dont get any ofthe messages on that screen name. If that is not possible wewill find another way to get in touch;)

But just to answer your question, my babies are 6days old today and they are getting a little fuz but not alot. I haveseen a lot of growth in the babies and I deffinatly tell which babiesare getting more milk becuase of how energetic some are:pbutI believe I am going to startt to see alot more fur son. I will postpictures as soon as I can and maybe you will beable to have a betterpicture in you head

kookoo

ok, thanks, that will be great - cant wait 2 cthem. i have posted pics of mine on a forum called Baby rabbit picsincase u wannac them. Thank for the other adress, i will usethat from now on. Mine are now nearly 4 days old and you can see a veryvery fine bit of fur - so little that its basically not there but itmust be coming soon. Keep me updated on how yours are coming along!Thanks, Leanne xxx

umm, well all you do is when you are writing themessage, click browse near the bottom and find where you have saved thephoto! its as simple as that? If you cant get the pic on, what do theylook like?? Leanne :):D:):D

Back