Apollo's Acres

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a Beautiful Puppy! :faint:

When do you pick her up?

-Carolyn

Lucky Dog!

You better give her a lot of kisses from me. She sorta reminds me of Dakota. :)

-Carolyn

Between me, Jer and Dale, she will plenty of kisses from her Aunt Carolyn.

I never noticed it but she does look a little like Daytona. WooHoo.

Tina

I still find myself coming to this thread a lot. I love seeing pictures of Apollo. I miss him. :(

dajeti2 wrote:
:laugh:He thinks he helped name a black and whitelionhead lop. Boy is he going to be surprised.

We are going to do a treasure hunt too. We'll give him cluesall around the house and yard. He has to try and guess what it is. Thehunt will end with me and Kuma sitting on my bed, camera ready.

Tina

Lionhead lop huh? black and white? I'm NOT letting Puck see that message....

I think the puppy looks so awesome though - I'm so excited for you and for Jeremy. Talk about having FUN!

I also think you're such an awesome mom to do the treasure huntthing. When my kids were younger we used to hide theirpresents and they had to go find them (it was their idea). Itis such a neat idea. Do let us know how it goes!!!

I bet Apollo will be looking down and making a possum face at the whole thing...or a big smile!

Peg

Nicky, thank you. I'm glad you liked them.

Peg, I am awful and torturing Jer with his gifts. Last year hewanted a game for his nintendo. I used a roll roll of wrapping paperand then wrapped it in tape.

If I didn't do something odd he would wonder what was wrong with me.

Tina

D1728_Mistletoe.JPG

Oh, what an adorable little face. Jer is going to be soooo happy.

Love Hopi's post - can just see the water bottle fight :D

Jan

Sadly I have some bad news. The way itlooks right now Kuma won't be calling the Acres home. Apparently sinceshe is a chow mix she has beensaddledwith the tag"aggressive dog". :tantrum::growl:Apparently the shelter doesn't adopt"aggressive dogs" to renters.:mad:

Yet they are calling my landlord to see if it's ok. I havecalled twice to discuss this with them and they have not returned myphone calls.

I also blew the surprise because when Dale told me about Kumabeing labelled like that, I lost it. I am going to as nicely as I cantry and get Kuma home. Please keep Jer in your prayers. He is sosaddened about not getting her.:tears2:I feel awful because it's myfault for not controlling my temper better. I shouldn't haveyelled.

It's so not fair.

Tina

I'm so sorry to hear that. Itreally sucks. :mad:Have you talked to yourlandlord? I sure hope you can work it out. I knowit's no real consolation, but if you can't get Kuma there are lots ofother dogs out there needing a good home.

I know I can get another dog. It's justwe had our hearts set on this one. I hate that they are labelling dogslike that too.

She is an 8 week old puppy. Plenty young enough totrain and work with and socialize. I am a stay at home mom so I havetons of time to spend with her, working with her. Jeremy after schooland on weekends and school breaks to work with her.

Why turn down a great home like that. Makes no sense.

Tina

I'm so sorry it didn't work out, Tina. :sad:

-Carolyn

:mad:Oh no Tina why would they do that. If youare home all the time then there should be no problems especially sinceyou have all kinds of wonderful critters. That is so wrong. I reallyhope you get her she is so pretty and The Acres deserves her.

im so sorry tina.. she would have had a greathome with you guys. i guess it just wasnt meant to be. we have a 7 yearold chow mix who we've had since 6 weeks old and we love her to death.its funny how the people from the shelter can be so fussy when theresso many animals out there who need homes like yours.

I could answer the Why of it but it isnt right to lump every shelter into one catagory,

BTW how much have you contributed to this shelter this year ,if it isnt enough your not on theiradoptable list . enough said .

gypsy wrote:
Icould answer the Why of it but it isnt right to lump everyshelter into one catagory,

BTW how much have you contributed to this shelter this year ,if it isnt enough your not on theiradoptable list . enough said .
Agreed. If I have helped out a shelter and decided to adopt apet there. They tell me that it is tagged. Then I would tell them sinceyou can not let me try to work things out then I will go to anothershelter.

Well tomorrow is the big day. I go tothe orthopedist for this crazy knee. The silly thing keeps swelling nomatter what I do. My leg looks like a tree trunk now.:shock:

The bunnies aren't real thrilled with mom being laid up eitherlet me tell you. They aren't getting all the extras mom gives and arein rebel mode. The immobilizer freaks all of the bunns out. One sniffand they are running away as fast as those little legs will takethem.

Otis cuddles with me but refuses to look at or even touch theimobilizer. He keeps scrunching his butt forward to avoid touching it.It's hilaious.

I'll try and update everyone tomorrow. I have a few Otis pics I'll try and put up soon.

Tina

Latest posts

Back