American Shows

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our shows are day of show entry or pre-entry depending on region and size of show.

Entrants hand in their paperwork and remark cards that are too be filled out with the rabbit's placings.

We tattoo the ears -- our rabbits are not rung.

A "writer" sits at the judging table recording the judges comments on each rabbit.

We use a system of comparison, not an individual point tally.

I can give you more specific details if you have more detailed questions . . .

Pam ~ ARBA Judge :purplepansy:

Rabbit show pictures.

rabbits.jpg

Flemish judging

flemishshow.jpg

lagrangeshowroom1.jpg

lagrangeshowroom2.jpg

Silver fox judging

DSC00001.jpg

Judging best in 4-class. Where all the best of breed small rabbits compete together.

judingbrits.jpg

judgingbrit2.jpg

judeg1.jpg

rabbitshow.jpg

Thank you.

In the UK, we comparisation judge as well, so that is one similarity (Iknow that Holland uses the point system after reading an interestingarticle)

It is interesting to see the boxes they are put in, our cavies areshown in boxes like that, but rabbits are held and stewarded bystewards. We also have someone that does the book so to speak.

The remark cards sound excellent; as at least you know how your rabbits done under the different judges.

How long have you been judging Pam? What system did you follow?

Thanks for the pictures!

Clare

cashmincal wrote:
Thank you.

In the UK, we comparisation judge as well, so that is one similarity (Iknow that Holland uses the point system after reading an interestingarticle)

It is interesting to see the boxes they are put in, our cavies areshown in boxes like that, but rabbits are held and stewarded bystewards. We also have someone that does the book so to speak.

The remark cards sound excellent; as at least you know how your rabbits done under the different judges.

How long have you been judging Pam? What system did you follow?

Thanks for the pictures!

Clare

Hi Clare,

I got my license alittle over a year ago.

The process takes a rather long time in the US. You mustfirst hold a Registrar's license for 2 years(afterhaving been in ARBA for a minimum of 3 years).

You arethen eligible to apply for a judgeslicense.A written and oral test isadministered. If you receive a minimum of 80% on each test,you can proceed with the rest of the process-- working under8 judges andreceiving endorsements from a minimum of 6 of them. (I believe 3 yearsare given to complete the process after you'vepassedthewritten and oral tests).

Pam

Here's my son at a recent show . . .

dixonsrabbitry,

Where is that show?? LOL! I'd love to attend it as there is room tomove! :pOhio shows are normally PACKED and you have funtrying to get to your own rabbits. :?

I'll try to take some pictures at the show tomorrow, it should beswamped! It's a double show for all breeds and triple for a few otherbreeds. ;)

cashmincal wrote:
Thank you Pam! Nice Netherland Dwarf Hotot there!

Clare

Below is my son Matthew with his Best of Breed and Best Opposite sexDwarf Hotot winners from the show that day. (Junior doe andjunior buck) -- are really nice pair!

In the US, Dwarf Hotots are shown as a separate breed. Theyhave a slightly different body type and are posed different from theNetherlands in the US.

Pam

Here's a slightly better shot of the junior doe(I was using my digital camera and the photos didn't turn out too well). . . But it does show the Dwarf Hotot in the correct US pose . . .

Looking really strikingthough. In the UK, there isn't many NetherlandDwarf Hotots; I can't recall at the moment evenseeing evenone! Though we do have a Fur Breed called the Blanc De Hotot which iscatered for by the Rare Varieties Rabbit Club.

How are legs awarded? I have heard of them; but don't really understand them.

Clare

cashmincal wrote:
Looking really striking though. In theUK, there isn't many Netherland Dwarf Hotots; I can't recall at themoment evenseeing even one! Though we do have a Fur Breedcalled the Blanc De Hotot which is catered for by the Rare VarietiesRabbit Club.

How are legs awarded? I have heard of them; but don't really understand them.

Clare
We also have the standard sized Hotot here (the name will be changedback to the original name of "Blanc De Hotot" with the next printing ofthe standard.

Leg certificates are awarded for each win where there are a minimum of3 exhibitors showing and a minimum of5 rabbits in theclass. A registered rabbit that has earned a minimum of 3grand champion legs is eligible to apply for a Grand ChampionCertificate.

Pam

the best 4-class judging was taken at a michigan show in ionia. the others were taken at the legrange indiana show.

Oh and you think the ohio shows are bad? Youaint seen nothing yet till youve been to a michigan one. They are huge.Most that we have are about 3 times the size of the one we were at onsunday. :)

WOW! They sound big, are these just normal shows? How big are your big show? How many rabbits are their normally there?

Our biggest shows are London and Bradford Championship Show which are5*, which are held over 2 days. These normally have around2,000 rabbits (just had a look on the leaflet from the show).

Clare

dixonsrabbitry wrote:
Oh and you think the ohio shows are bad? You aint seennothing yet till youve been to a michigan one. They are huge. Most thatwe have are about 3 times the size of the one we were at on sunday. :)
:DIf thats the case then I'll stay in Ohio LOL! I like having 'room' to walk a bit. :sad:

Latest posts

Back