ADEE's big and small

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL...I can just picture Abbie doing her ungraceful swandive. ;)Yofi's the same way; loves to get into things but is just so clumsy! Abbie and Rain sound like my two as well (only Rain is probably a bit more active than Anna). Where Yof is constantly on the go, Anna is happy staying in their room, sitting in one spot and sleeping, or chewing on some hay.

I hope you can post some videos of your guys...I've tried with mine but it's a small digital, and the video portion of my camera isn't very good.

Oh, and I love this shot:

2769995336_745d3402a1.jpg

LOL....sails away! :biggrin2:

lol, they sure are entertaining little boogers... I do have a few videos already posted of Abbie.. ill get link here in a few. I would love to get her binkie on video, its HILARIOUS.. as im sure you know, big floppy ears flying all over the place. She just has so much more personality then Rain, although it might just be that Rain is a daddys girl and Abbie is my little spunky princess. im telling you there arent enough EL's here!!! I would LOVE it if there were an all EL forum, wouldnt that be awesome!

here are a couple youtube videos of the girls... abbie mostly.

the main link is www.youtube.com/lovelymomma

just the girls...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MFHtZu0dX4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MFHtZu0dX4[/ame]

naughty abbie on the table

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vFpUAW85_o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vFpUAW85_o[/ame]

abbie & rain intros

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUv9WtAHYqM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUv9WtAHYqM[/ame]

Those are adorable! I love the introduction video; seeing them run about on the floor, so tentative with each other. There didn't seem to be much aggressiveness with Rain, just 'get outta my space' kind of thing.

When I got Yofi, it was about 3 months after I'd lost Anna's mate, Raph (another e-lop). Anna was not receptive to Yofi at all; I had put Yofi on a leash and took him into the backyard, while Anna was running loose. As soon as she spotted him she came charging over, sniffed him once and then gave him a hearty bite on the rear. So after that when I began attempting to let them out together (in the house), I had a broom to steer Anna away, should she get nasty. Every time she lunged at him poor Yofi looked very confused and upset, as all he wanted to do was make friends. But it took onlyabout a week or so before Anna settled down, and then once she realized that another rabbit might not be too bad after all, they quickly became inseparable.

I loved seeing Abbie's little binkies! Love seeing those long ears fly. Binkies are cute with any bunny, but with anEnglish lop I think the comedy level goes up about 80%just because of those ears, and their awkwardness.

And I agree, there's definitely not enough e-lops in the forum...we need to start recruiting more! ;)

Rain actually beat Abbie up really good once... they had been living together fine for a couple weeks and one day i came home to bloody tile and a bleeding Abbie... she had been all tore up! Her ears were torn inside and out and she had nice size lacerations all over her body. took a couple weeks actually to heal all the way which is why they hadnt been together for the last month or so. just recently we have let them live together again and so far so good :D

if i could have an e lop i would have one. darn parents..lol.

MORE PICS MORE PICS! of ALL of the e lops (i am talking to you too bassetluv!!) :biggrin2:

ADEE wrote:
Rain actually beat Abbie up really good once... they had been living together fine for a couple weeks and one day i came home to bloody tile and a bleeding Abbie... she had been all tore up! Her ears were torn inside and out and she had nice size lacerations all over her body. took a couple weeks actually to heal all the way which is why they hadnt been together for the last month or so. just recently we have let them live together again and so far so good :D

Now that must've given you quite a scare! It's actually what I was worried about when I first let Anna and Yofi stay in the same room together unsupervised, but fortunately they got along fine. (I was esp. worried that a misplaced nip might tear those vulnerable ears of Yofi's.) I wonder if the fight that Rain and Abbie had, had more to do with both of them being female. When I was a teenager my sister and I each had a rabbit, both females, and they got along fine for a few weeks...then one day they suddenly had it out, trying to beat the stuffings out of one another. LOTS of fur flying and nips given; but after that one fight they settled down and were fine. I think they were establishing dominance (which, it seems, my sister's little Dutch stole the title from my big mixed-breed.) From the look of Abbie in the pics, she's healed very well from her war wounds. :)

Two rabbits I used to have, Raph and Rufus, got into a brief tussle once. Rufus was a little dutch mix and Raph was an e-lop, and neither were neutered (Rufus was scheduled for an upcoming neuter; with Raph I'd opted not to have him done because he was already dealing with too many health issues). Rufus was constantly trying to mount Raph - usually the wrong end to boot - and even though Raph was patient, he had his limits (and his dignity to maintain) so I had to keep them separated. However, one evening Rufus was in an area that was sectioned off with wire, and Raph was following me around...but I was doing laundry and wasn't paying attention. Next thing I knew I heard a huge kafuffle...turned around to discover that Raph had climbed over the wire (yep, climbed; he couldn't jump because of joint problems) and was in the pen with Rufus. And there was Rufus, latched firmly to Raph's head and Raph trying to knock him off. I ran over there to separate them but wasn't quite fast enough. Well, let's just say that Raph decided to attempt his own home neutering on poor Rufus. Turned out the wound was superficial, but there was blood absolutely everywhere! Scared the *$# out of me.

With Yof and Anna, they're now like two peas in a pod...Anna lies down and Yofi flops himself on top of her. She makes a great cushion when HRH is tired. ;)

*btw, I still find it funny how much Abbie and Yofi look alike...long lost twins... :D

here are some new pics.. mostly of Abbies monthly check up, when i take a look at her teeth, clean her ears, clean her bits, give her a good thorough check over, exc... here are some of her bunny burrito & incision

Teeth... a bit concerned, going to contact the vet regarding what we need to do.

2932441574_a37c74f610.jpg

2932441922_324f6f7bc6.jpg

10 days post surgery
2931583283_0d699f4b66.jpg

Tranced Bunny burrito.. plus bare tummy shot (does it register how big she is?!)

2932442222_c5092f5007.jpg

all relaxed
2932442514_f0b4376d2b.jpg

again
2931583847_6baff6ec06.jpg

thanks for requesting an update, the girls are great! the HOA ratted on us though and were not allowed to let the girls play on the balcony which totally bites! were still going to let them out there at night when no one can see them but otherwise all is well here :) gotta get some new pics for ya!

my girls are 5mos and 7 mos already!!! It seems impossible they are that old already hehehe... here are some new pics of them taken today

3013956011_07fcfd6eb3.jpg

3013956029_817b5dc208.jpg

3013956021_58dfe013da.jpg

3013956003_99502e6e0c.jpg

3013956035_16ab26f6f7.jpg

What color is she?! I thought her coat was dirty so I bathed and blow dryed her and sure enough its the color of her hair!
3013956039_75f42149d9.jpg

Your girls are simply lovely :) Both very pretty- but I ESPECIALLY love Abbie.
What did you end up doing about her teeth? Did the vet think she had malocclusion?

I had consulted my vet who said to give her a couple days and see what happens that they are constantly wearing their teeth down.. we gave her a couple days and she fixed them herself.. her teeth look beautiful. No medical intervention was done.

Latest posts

Back