a few baby rabbit questions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohsnapitscharity

Reaction score
ok all the babies are doing great! but the thing is they tend to get out the nestbox daily. i put them all back in but do i just leave them out i mean their eyes are open and everything so...but i dont think they ever go back in. what should i do?

once they open their eyes they tend to want to wander. If they want to go back into it they will if not then personally I would remve it. they have enough fur and they will tend to snuggle up to each other when they are snoozing

They are over 2 weeks old and their eyes are open. They don't need a nestbox anymore. It would be tough to keep them confined to the nestbox at this point.

You can give them a "resting board" made of plywood or sheetrock (plaster board). All my rabbits get a sheetrock board in the center of the wire floor. They will rip the paper off and chew and dig in the plaster, (they LOVE it)... and it is perfectly safe. My Vet is the person that recommended it to me. Keep their hocks from wearing and protects their feet. The limestone base prevents bacteria from growing. I make sure it doesn't cover the corners that they poop in. When there are babies in the cage, I do make sure it reaches under the feeder.

The floor cloth should not have spaces more than 1/2" x 1", with the 1/2" spacing facing up.

The floor wire is made with wire spaced 1/2" apart on one side and 1" apart on the other, then welded together. (You have to look close to see how it's layered). The side with the 1/2" (closer) spacing should be facing upwards (as the side the rabbits walk on). It is better for their feet.

Latest posts

Back