A 2nd Chance

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doubt he was litter trained with the amount of urine he wascovered in. He was most likely never taught. Most rabbits pick a cornerto use the bathroom in and keep it that way. I stuck a pan in thecorner, with no beddig anywhere else in the cage. He decided to do hisbusiness where the litter was, instead of where he sleeps. Many rabbitsdo it that way.
thanks for the info, i just got hershey a few weeksago, so i am brand new to theWWW (wonderful world of wabbits,lol!).

good luck to you both!

Chance during his first run out in the yard this morning...

Who me?
IMG_3405.jpg

IMG_3407.jpg

IMG_3410.jpg

Can you spot the bunny?
IMG_3414.jpg

Chance sittin' pretty...
IMG_3416.jpg

Lookin at me from behind the steps
IMG_3417.jpg

Lookin at me from between the steps
IMG_3419.jpg

Exploring some cypress wood (notice how much better his back looks)
IMG_3421.jpg

IMG_3422.jpg

IMG_3425.jpg

IMG_3431.jpg

IMG_3434.jpg

IMG_3436.jpg

he looks so much like Bangbang, it just breaks my heart that someone dumped him like that, how could anyone do that :X
Bangbang came to me after someone dumped her she was only 3-4 months old...
The only real difference between the two is bangbang is a little moreblue in colour... oh and she's probably 3times his width ;)
he's so beautiful, fingers, legs, toes and arms crossed he'll make a full recovery, he's such a sweet boy

Great pics, he is a cutie! I am glad to see hefinally got a reprieve from all the pain he was in emotionally andphysically. That must be so traumatic for a bunny to be dumped in themiddle of nowhere, no food, no skills/tools for survival. If someone isgoing to be a SOB and get rid of a rabbit wihtout finding it a homethen they could at the very least place it in or in front of ashelter/vet/anything so it has, at the very least, a remote chance ofsurvival. At least that way they wont get eaten alive, which isterrible for a rabbit (or anything) to to be subjected to.

This guy is cute, and I don't really care forlops... He seems to be pretty grateful for the chance you are givinghim. Poor little guy, it sounds like someone got tired of taking careof him and after some time of neglect, dumped him. How else would heget urine scald if he was outside a cage? I hope his recovery comesquickly. Oh, what did the vet say? Nose rubs to Chance. :bunnieskiss

~Star~

Chance is doing very badly. Last night, he washuddled in a corner grinding his teeth. He went to the vet first thingthis morning, and they wanted to do a urine test. They kept him allday, but he didn't pee because he had no water, so I brought him home.They gave me a medicine bottle for me to bring Chance and some of hispee back in the morning.

The vet says that he's almost positive it's his kidneys. He saidbecause he's still so anemic, and he's losing blood somewhere. Plushe's in massive pain, but it's not his stomach. He said there's apossibility of kidney stones, but that he really believes he was eitherkicked and has a bruised kidney that is bleeding, or that he's gotkidney damage from something else and may be going into kidney failure.

<Sigh>It's a wait and see, and I hate it. He'sgot some iron supplement tonight to try and make him feel a bit better.Tomorrow he'll have a urine test done, and if that shows nothing, he'llhave xrays and blood work to try and determine exactly what's wrong.

My poor baby...

I am so sorry to hear this MBH.:saddenedJust know that no matter what happens to Chance, youhave given him a truely happy and much deserved second chance.

~Star~

I'm sorry, he really is a cutie.Definately remember that whatever happens to him, he's certainly muchhappier now than he would be anywhere else.

I'll be crossing my fingers that everything willbe ok for Chance and he'll get better soon. He is adorable and lookslike such a sweet bunny! Get better soon!!

Chance went to the vet this morning and the news was a bit better than expected.

He did a urinalysis and half the vile came back with sand!:shock:He said Chance's kidney's are completely swollen withsand, which is why he's been in so much pain. He also said his urine isdiluted because he's drinking more water than he is peeing out, due tohis kidney's being blocked.

He said Chance's protein level was extremely high and that his urinewas very alkaline instead of acidic, and that there was not much acidin his urine to break down the sand. He said the protein is caused bykidney damage and that Chance does have a significant amount of kidneydamage and was on the border of kidney failure had we not gotten him tothe vet in time. He said he also has pin holes in his kidney's and thatthis is causing the high protein levels in his urine.

The good news was, with time and medicine, his kidney's should heal andthat he doesn't believe the damage is irreversable as of yet.. He alsosaid his white blood cell count was good, indiciating little to noinfection. So there's no need for antibiotics.

He's got Chance on a medication for the sand in his urine and to addsome acidity to help break it down. He's also on a liver extract/ironrich supplement to try and get his iron up to help with the anemia.

Chance is due back to the vet on Saturday for a re-check of his urine and to see how everything else is improving.

Chance is definitely starting to feel betterthis evening. He went out in the yard and did plenty of exploring. Heeven did THREE BINKIES!!

Here's many many many pictures of his adventures today...

2006_01220013.jpg

2006_01220014.jpg

2006_01220015.jpg

2006_01220016.jpg

2006_01220017.jpg

2006_01220018.jpg

2006_01220019.jpg

Latest posts

Back