2011 Texan Tales & Tails

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The babies I'm fostering...

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

and....

ANGEL!

IMG_0016.jpg

Awww look at them, they are so small and cute! Makes me miss having babies around :)

ChocolateBunny wrote:
Nice blog, More pics though!!:biggrin2:
They say a picture is worth a thousand words....

[align=center]

and can you guess who this is?

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

I'll give you a hint...

DSC_0179.jpg

DSC_0136-1.jpg

DSC_0150.jpg

and for a final clue..

DSC_0054.jpg

[/align]

Omg I love your flemie!! I am not sure who he is but he is absolutely adorable!!! :D

Boz wrote:
Omg I love your flemie!! I am not sure who he is but he is absolutely adorable!!! :D
His name is "Duke" after John Wayne....but is usually called "Dukey". His mama is Athena and his dad is Big Jake. He was raised by hand from about 9 days old.

Now for an update on the babies - who I am guessing will be HUGE considering how much they're growing (and how much they eat....man....I thought flemmies at a lot but these babies are hungry ALL the time - and of course I keep refilling their food and hay and stuff).

Look at the size of their back feet!

Oh - they are still named #1, 2, 3 but if you want to be creative I guess you could call them uno, dos, tres...

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0117.jpg

IMG_0114-1.jpg

Hello again humans. I noticed its been almost a week since I updated you last - so I thought I'd better drop in and post. (Its another one of my "herd matron" duties since I have to report weekly to the rabbit "overlookers' society" on how our humans treat us.

First of all - Thunder is offically on unpaid leave as assistant matron. All she's been doing is hiding and laying around sleeping and getting fatter. She refuses to do her flirting duties (she says she'd rather neuter a buck right now than flirt with them) and she refuses to do her assistant matron duties.

Mercury(her dad) says I'm being overly upset with her. He keeps reminding me of things I did when I was her age. I really thumped him off good when I said, "Who asked you to butt in you big....brat". The other bucks laughed and he shut up.

Good thing - just cause he's her father doesn't mean he knows what is best for our herd.

BUCKS. Can't live with them...but don't quite wanna live without them....know what I mean?

Anyway - back to Thunder...

When she and I had our "discussion" - she thumped me off and threatened a "showdown" in 8-10 weeks when she'd have "little minions" on her side. She said that there'd be a vote - like on "Survivor".

I reminded her that our herd is NOT a democracy - it is a dictatorship - and a benevolent one at that.

I accused her of faking a pregnancy - then mom palpated her and said, "oh no....I think she's pregnant with several babies."

HA!

I had 13 babies (only 8 survived). I doubt she'll have any....I still say she's faking it.

The other girls are whispering when I'm not around but I've heard about their whispers. They're talking about who should be assistant matron and if someone should OVERTHROW me.

I threatened to put drugs in their Nescafe. Mind you...I don't know what Nescafe is...or what drugs are. But mom was laughing about the comment from the internet...so I thought I'd use it.

They just binkied off.

Just let them try to take me....I'll show them who is the boss of this herd.

Mom has been taking pictures the last few days. She keeps trying to get one of me but I just keep staying out of her sight when she had the camera out. Besides- I'm so mad now - I think my frown would kill the camera.

On the up side...at least the bucks seem fairly happy. I've been "in the mood" to spend more time with them and flirting with them through the bars. In fact - one day this weekend I gave the other girls the WHOLE day off and spent my day going around from cage to cage and chinning the cages and telling the bucks just how much I liked them....and how I wish they could come out to play. I couldn't believe how attractive the bucks suddenly seemed to me. I mean....I hadn't thought about having a date in ages. (Maybe I just wanted to show Thunder I could get a buck as easily as she could? Naw...wouldn't be that).

Well- I best go - supper is made up and it has oatmeal in it tonight.

I've noticed that mom is putting down food in a special place for Thunder....so I'm gonna follow her and see if it is any different from ours.

BTW- anyone know how we can keep Thunder from digging IN THE BATHTUB? She'll go in and dig for half an hour at a time.

It doesn't bother us - but mom says that the sound of bunny claws on porcelain drives her up the wall.

Till later....

Nyx

OMG Peg, Duke is Beautiful. How big is he. He looks GINOURMUS (BIG).

I'm in Love with him.:inlove::big kiss::heartbeat::hearts:inlove::big kiss::heartbeat:

How much does he weigh?

Susan:)

We just weighed him for you - he's 12.1 pounds. He will be one at the end of July so he isn't done growing yet by any means.

Well - we weighed three bunnies a few minutes ago.

Athena is the smallest at 14.4 pounds.
Nyx is next at 15 pounds.
Harmony is the biggest at 16.7 pounds.

(We think Nyx is smaller because she is much more active since she runs free).

Ali - you'd recognize Harmony by her face - but she's about twice the size she was when you watched her for me...

According to my darling husband....

What do you call a cross of a flemmie and an e-lop?

A Flea-lop of course!!!

Oh all those grey buns make me miss Storm so much but time around this house has barely been for the cat and dog anymore and storm is with a good friend.

Man Peg I miss talking to you been so busy life will slow down over the new few months but with Makenzie on the way not for long. Maybe when she is five or six I can get one of those big love bugs.

Glad to see things going well.

Well, Nyx is pacing back and forth in front of the computer - I suspect she's going to try to get on in a bit to share some things. I can't believe that doe - getting on here as if she was human and posting in MY blog. Still yet...she is my girl.

But I wanted to share some exciting news that Art told me today. It seems like sometime between now and July 15th, Flight Safety (the company he works for) will be bringing someone down to work with Art and the two of them will move at least two simulators to a different location (taking them apart and then reassembling them). During this time Art will be working 12 hours shifts (8 am to 8 pm) and possibly weekends also.

That means he'll be getting at least 20 hours of overtime (possibly as much as 40 hours of overtime) per week....which means about $900 (pre-taxes) of overtime pay at least per week.

We're not sure how long it will take....probably anywhere from 4-6 weeks I'm guessing...but I could be wrong.

I am so excited because we're either going to pay off the van (or pay most of it off) or make extra payments on the house...after we get our emergency fund re-established.

And to think...I was counting down till October when he gets his next raise...almost $8 per hour!

I know I'm bragging but it is so nice to see good things happening to Art...he worked for so long in the military as an enlisted guy and was so under-appreciated. Now to see him in a job he loves with really good pay- its just so neat.

(Now if I can learn to manage the budget better!!)

I am glad for you and Art! That is great that things are going good for your two. I hope the hours won't be too rough on Art.

What great pictures, how do you deal with all the cuteness?

Nyx this is mom,if they try a coup, call.Your dad, little bro Handsomeand I will hop the first flight to Texas to help you put down any rebellion!.

Latest posts

Back