The Life & Times of Felix 'n' Clementine!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another pic of the sweet darling after grooming. :) Felix wouldn't hold still for a photo, he's my fusspocket!

tumblr_na1x18r2PJ1qadoszo1_500.jpg

Headed to Bunnings tonight to pick up pieces to renovate the NIC cage, but found out they won't cut the pieces to size... they'll just cut them to fit in the car. No biggie, bought a saw to do it at home, asked the info desk girl where to go to get the pieces cut to fit our car, she said she'd call someone over. A few minutes later we're standing with our massive pieces of wood and another employee asks if we need help, we tell him we're waiting for someone to come cut the wood, and he says all the cutters had already gone home for the night. :(

Sooooo gonna have to wait. I'm working at 12:15 the next few days so I'll try to get in before work on Thursday, since my boyfriend is free that morning.

Gah, lost my post :( It's silly that they didn't have someone there to cut, my store I believe always has someone, and they do cut to specific lengths, sometimes they ask you to measure and mark it yourself, but that's not difficult. If you've already bought it, take it back in with the receipt and they'll still cut it for you.

I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of my storage grids so that I can lay them out and measure up properly for the plywood and vinyl that I'll be getting :D

Awww, Felix and Clem sharing their bowl like good little carebears! Bigby's looking healthy and fluffy. Has his infection cleared up?

Yeah, they're good with sharing food!.. unless it's strawberry or an Oxbow treat, then every bun for themself. :) Bigby's infection is mostly better. His ear still looks a bit grungy but it's just the wax that built up from the infection, so it's sloooowly coming off naturally. If it's not completely gone in a little bit I'll take him back for a checkup. We've finished the eardrops and the anti-inflammatory, just trying to finish off the bottle of antibiotics.

I'm also starting to look for a friend for him. :)

Had another look at Bigs' ear tonight, I'm a bit concerned that it's still looking so dry/flakey. Definitely better than it was before, a million times better, but he also shakes his head away most of the time if I touch it and I'm concerned that he may need another course of antibiotics or drops. Sucks not only for him having to go through it, but for my wallet... yikes.

I bought a second bowl for the bunnies tonight, with the idea being that they would each eat out of one. I think Clementine ended up eating all of her bowl and a good chunk of Felix's, though. :D Silly tubber.

I bought a second bowl for the bunnies tonight, with the idea being that they would each eat out of one. I think Clementine ended up eating all of her bowl and a good chunk of Felix's, though. :D Silly tubber.

No that's because she is a lop! :) :bunnybutt:
You know what a strong personality they have!!! :yes:

Vanessa

Her personality is HUGE! I love that I've gotten to watch both of them grow from 8 week old terrified fluffballs, into their adult bunny selves. Felix, so cautious and jumpy and curious; Clemmie, so sassy, loves chewing on anything, so dang expressive, for an animal that doesn't vocalise. :)

I'm going to give Bigby a haircut soon. :) His fur has grown out pretty crazy and things are getting caught in it! Trying to decide if I should get an electric shaver to do it or some hairdressing scissors. Apparently guinea pigs tend to be easier with an electric shaver but I've never used one.

I can't give any advice on the grooming, but I must say that before and after shots would be interesting to see :D How's his ear going?

I can't give any advice on the grooming, but I must say that before and after shots would be interesting to see :D How's his ear going?
Haha I'll make sure I take some! His ear looks to be getting better. It's still a bit dry and flakey, but I think that's just a side effect from the wax coming off. He doesn't seem to be in pain from it anymore, he doesn't always shake away when it's touched. If it's still a bit dry in a few weeks I'll take him back for a follow up though.

Clippers, by far. Make certain to get one made for animals.
Will do!

That's good that it's irritating him less, it might take a bit for the flaking to go away.

Can I ask what the grids were like that you bought? I know we got them from the same place, but I'm not overly impressed with them. They're certainly sturdy, but they're not 14inches square, and some of them have curved sides etc, which is going to make it all sorts of difficult when building the cage. I haven't reviewed the product yet, I was going to wait until after I built the cage, but it's just frustrating that I have to plan out which grids I can use where because of the slight size differences and curved edges.

Back