it's bunny #4 for us!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL Sounds like Rory just wants all of your attention!

I'm so happy your house is filled with loving bunnies now! I know that I enjoy each of mine for their individual personalities too! Even Clover and her "I'm a wild bunny do not touch me!" attitude. LOL!

LOL Wabbitdad! I think four will be our max. Paul really likes the new bunny, which makes me quite happy. He admits to loving Phoebe Mae but isn't as enamored with Rory and Skyler, so it's cute that he's so fond of the new bunny.

New boy let me take him out of his cage for a cuddle and didn't fight me. I got a look at his balls (which he didn't approve of, sorry dudelet) and they look the same as they did a few days ago. We also bought him a stuffed kitty today. We were going to buy him baby keys too but forgot!

Ugh, why is it so hard to name bunnies? I love naming things, but I just can't find a name I adore for him. I feel like I need to keep looking because I'm afraid we'll decide on a name for him and then later I'll stumble across the PERFECT name for him. I feel that Rory, Tallulah and Phoebe Mae have perfect names, but Skyler was really hard to name. If you guys remember, I started working on names at the beginning of March when we decided to get him, and hadn't decided when we finally got him at the end of April! Then we decided on Mylo but changed it to Skyler a month later. A few months ago I stumbled across the name Caele and feel THAT is the perfect name for him, but didn't want to change his name again. Sigh!

I can't help but wonder if I like Albie so much because he looks a lot like Pinksalamander's Archie and the names are similar. Pinksalamander's other bunny, Lottie, is a spitting image of Lady, our boy's "foster sister".

The names I'm considering (whether Paul likes them or not) are:

Albion
Hamish
Blaise
Thornton
Elijah
Patton
Cowyn

For some reason I like James and Rylen for him too. I don't even LIKE those names normally, but they seem to work for him. HELP MEEEEE please!

Hmmm, I'm also considering Cearan. I've been trying to avoid names of other bunnies/pets on this forum, and names of people we know in real life, which makes it kind of hard! Montana's bunny is named Keiran here on the forum. Ironically enough, I'm the one who suggested Keiran for him because I love it. Would it be weird to have a Keiran and a Cearan on the forum? Bonus: Cearan has "ear" in it :rofl:

Okay. I wrote down about 10 names on tiny pieces of paper, shook them up in a hat and picked one without looking. After I picked a piece of paper, I had a feeling it was going to be Paxton. Sure enough it was!!! So we're going to try out Paxton for the day. Pax means "peace" which is definitely something he deserves to feel.

SnowyShiloh wrote:
Okay. I wrote down about 10 names on tiny pieces of paper, shook them up in a hat and picked one without looking. After I picked a piece of paper, I had a feeling it was going to be Paxton. Sure enough it was!!! So we're going to try out Paxton for the day. Pax means "peace" which is definitely something he deserves to feel.

I love that name.

I love the name Paxton. Our Patagonian cavy who passed away recently was named Paxton. We chose it because before him we had two rats Maximus or Maxy and Plonk.. so we tried to stick them together and came out with Pax.

DazyDaizee wrote:
I love the name Paxton. Our Patagonian cavy who passed away recently was named Paxton. We chose it because before him we had two rats Maximus or Maxy and Plonk.. so we tried to stick them together and came out with Pax.

that's a really cool and creative way to come up with a name... I like that.

Darn, I told myself I wouldn't call him Paxie because I think it sounds dumb. Needless to say, I think Paxie is feeling safe enough with us that I want to take him outside in a little while to frolic in the play yard! I'm going to bring him out in the carrier so he doesn't get stressed about being picked up, brought downstairs and outside.

So, Paxton or Paxley? At least I wouldn't call him Paxie if his name were Paxley. So far he seems to like his trial name. It's funny because I swear he listens and responds in his own way when I talk to him.

haha, our Paxton was almost always Paxy, too. He came when he was called. We'd jokingly call him Patsy, too, because there was an animal planet "growing up camel" show where the camel's name was Patsy and she reminded us of our boy. I'm partial to Paxton and Paxy, and I think both are cute. Paxley, to me, is just another nickname for Paxton, haha. But see what suits him. I think after time you just start to relate the name to the pet and it grows on you. I know if I hate a certain name it's usually because there was someone I didn't like with that name.. and the same goes for loving names...

Reading about him brought to mind the biblical story of the servant whose ear Peter cut off in trying to protect Jesus. His name was Malchus.
Kind of random, but that's what he reminded me of.
He's cute though, congratulations.

Here are a couple pictures of little dude during his play time outside! He had lots of fun and discovered the joys of dandelion greens and digging holes.

IMG_0920resized.jpg

IMG_0927resized.jpg

IMG_0942resized.jpg

Digdigdigdig

IMG_0965resized.jpg

"I digged a hole!"

IMG_0968resized.jpg

IMG_0982resized.jpg

"Dear God, thank you for helping my parents find me!"

IMG_0918resized.jpg

The end.

IMG_0943resized.jpg

I'm going to post the rest of his photos in my bunny blog, which you can get to by following my blog link under my username!

Hamish MacBunny is adorable! Unfortunately, Paul thinks Hamish is weird and that he shouldn't be called Hammie because he's not a hamster. Albion is "dumb" and sounds like Ambien (the sleeping medicine) to him.

He still doesn't have an official name. I've been calling him Bubby for the most part! So undignified. I like Paxton (actually I'm leaning towards Paxden), and we'll likely end up calling him that, but we're going to wait a bit longer before deciding.

Latest posts

Back