Your buns "Best" and "Worst"

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leader of the Pack

Reaction score
Sidney hasn't been with us long enough yet to really have developed any personality traits or habitsthat I would consider the worst.....

She has however managed to do what she does "BEST" and found the cord for my computer mouse and made it necessary for me to get that cool new laser type I'd been wanting.
a8.gif

She has learned how to get up in the window where the cats typically set, and run them out of a nice resting place. That is more to the cats annoyance as opposed to mine...
a8.gif

What about you all.....what are some of your rabbits best and worst habits or personality traits. I'd love to hear about them.

Spank is the smartest rabbit I have ever encountered. If a door isn't shut 100%, Spank can open it. If the door knob is just slightly in the door frame, Spank will get it open. How, I don't know. But Spank can open doors.

Spank also knows how to unlatch things. All my other rabbits are in NIC cages, with a latch locking the doors together. One night, Spank opened the door to his room, unlatched all the doors to the NIC cages - and I awoke to find one big bunny party in my living room.

Spank :faint:

Zamboni's best trait would be the fact that he has never chewed on any power cords. It's nice to know that he wont do that when we decide to leave him out of his cage while we run errands for an hour or two.

His worst thingsaregetting into the hall closet and gets way back in the corner and pulls the carpet up one strand at a time. He doesn't do it anywhere else in the apartment; just the closet. The other thing he does is jump over the linoleum and gets into our enclosed cat box and kicks out all the litter. He wont go onto the linoleum but he figured out that he could jump over the small strip onto the mat that the cat box is on. Now that part of the entryway is partitioned off.lol

PixieStixxxx wrote:
Spank is the smartest rabbit I have ever encountered. If a door isn't shut 100%, Spank can open it. If the door knob is just slightly in the door frame, Spank will get it open. How, I don't know. But Spank can open doors.

Spank also knows how to unlatch things. All my other rabbits are in NIC cages, with a latch locking the doors together. One night, Spank opened the door to his room, unlatched all the doors to the NIC cages - and I awoke to find one big bunny party in my living room.

Spank :faint:

wee.gif
Oh goody a bunny party....
a8.gif
That had to be a sight for morning eyes...
a7.gif

Our first rabbit family was good at unlatching their cages. I couldn't believethey could be so smart. We never ran out of "twisties" around here ever again.

tort wrote:
Zamboni's best trait would be the fact that he has never chewed on any power cords. It's nice to know that he wont do that when we decide to leave him out of his cage while we run errands for an hour or two.

His worst thingsaregetting into the hall closet and gets way back in the corner and pulls the carpet up one strand at a time. He doesn't do it anywhere else in the apartment; just the closet. The other thing he does is jump over the linoleum and gets into our enclosed cat box and kicks out all the litter. He wont go onto the linoleum but he figured out that he could jump over the small strip onto the mat that the cat box is on. Now that part of the entryway is partitioned off.lol
Zamboni sounds like a very well mannered bunny to say the least.
a1.gif
I'm glad to hear that someone elses bunny enjoys a romp in the cats litter pan. Sidney doesn't let the large, slippery floor mat we have under the cat boxes deter her from hopping in and giving me a nice dusty mess to clean up now and again.
s9.gif

Oh My Goodness! I really thought Baxter! was one of a few buns that could:

A) break out of his NIC cage by pure force

B) LOVES the cats litter box (which mind you I clean before I let him near it but stilll -eeewww.. ) digs to china and make the NASTIY'S dust and mess -with his wanting to push it ouside of the box - watchedhim do this and he looked like he was having SO much fun, I didn't stop him in the begining but after having toclean it up a number oftimes -pick him out of it when he starts to go "crazy" in it(which he is probably doing this as I type as he is downstairs)..

and c) the best part is for some reason, when he gets the chance he runs into the closet and wants to "eat" one specific corner of the wall?!!!!!!! Not sure why. but keep him out of it..

Funny thread to bring up as I've been dealing with all 3 today!!! So thanks!

Chevy best trade :waiting:yeah right

Is his attitude he has got one man if he does not like you you know it he growls at the dog and my cat when he is inside.

I ot a new laser mouse also then had to move my whole house around do to him. And he chews one corner also i hate it I am getting new carpet I guess he will find a new corner to chew

Chessie's best traits:
* loves to eat dandelions (help w/ gardening)
* uses litterbox consistently
* cute as can be
* is content to be the only bunny
* does not chew on cords

Her not so great traits:
* eats hay only sporatically and then only if it's fresh and prefferably just the stalks not the leaves
* makes noise when DH is trying to work (tosses can around, gnaws on cage, rattles litter box, etc)
* chews on the walls if unsupervised on a run
* chews up the carpet if unsupervised
* does not understand "No!"
* prefers litterbox changed twice per day
* totally freaks when getting her nails clipped (except not by the vet--go figure)
* will not tolerate being picked up (unless totally pooped from a long run around)

Up in the air trait:
* scares the cats by hopping up to them from behind and expecting them to groom her (but they never do)

Williams best trait is probably that he sits still. He's a docile little man so when i try to do things like put his harness on he tends to just sit there looking a little bewildered. Very helpful.

His worst trait is probably his love for small awkward hiding places, which is why i can no longer have him in the house. He will get under the settee and refuse to come out.

He also likes to dig, no, he's never dug into the ground. He only digs at a) the settee b) my bed covers and c) any items of clothing, coats or shoes left around.

Phinn's best trait is that he is such a lover boy! He is sooo cuddly at times.

His worst trait is that he is SO mishevious and gets into everything, and is very persistent. It can get a little annoying at times, because i'm constantly having to get him away from stuff ;). But i love the little guy more than anythingggg<3.

Cleo's best trait is that she is so well behaved :). She always listens to her mommy and does what I tell her too, hehe!

Her worst trait is that she hates me, lol. I still haven't been able to fully bond with her, which is sad. It's a love hate relationship (I love her, she hates me :p).

Penny is perfect with her litter box habbits. That is a WONDERFUL trait. Especially when you also have the opposite living in the same house for comparison purposes:p. Really, her only bad trait is that she's a digger and that occassionally those good litter box habits get kicked out everywhere.:grumpy: But it isn't a daily habbit, just when the mood strikes.

Basil, on the other hand, has a long list of "worst" traits. I couldn't quite pick which one was the worst. Depends on what he's done recently. However, he's come a long way since I got him last September so I have hope.

1. Does NOT understand the litter box concept. :sigh:But, he does seem to know to go back to his cage during free time to potty (even if it's not in a litter box).

2. Nipping. My daughter was reading a book on the couch last week and not paying attention to him so he nipped her on the chest (ouch!).

3. Curiosity (good and bad). He is quite an outgoing, friendly little guy that wants to check you out and is very fun to watch. However, he can also get himself into trouble. Yesterday I rescued him from the top of a garbage can. I'm not sure how he was going to get down without hurting himself. Two weeks ago he fell into a bucket of water/vinegar while I was cleaning his cage. I worried about him but there seems to be no ill effects from that.

I only have one bunny, Gulliver.

His best traits:

*He is sooooo sweet. He gives kisses all the time, runs around the house playing with me. He lays on the couch with me and falls asleep curled up in my arms, when I watch television.
*He is very social with everybody. He likes my cats, and doesn't mind dogs.
*He is pretty happy being in his cage, lets us know when he wants to come out, and goes back in on his own.
*He is very funny; he chases the cats out of his cage when they investigate it, and runs after the iRoomba. Basically, he's a hoot to watch. He used to lay down, with his feet stretched out behind him, and poop - like a gumball machine, they would just come out behind him. He doesn't do that anymore, thank goodness.
I could never figure out why it is so funny to just watch him eat, or just lay there. It's just amusing.

Now the bad traits:

It's really just one BIG bad trait:
*As my other thread in Nutrition/Behavior elaborates, he pees on my hardwood floors. (poops too, but that doesn't hurt anything).

Other bad traits are little, and hardly worth mentioning.
*He will sometimes nip me, but it's usually like an affectionate play thing.
That's really it!

Best: I love how cheeky Millie is!:D The antics she gets up to always make me laugh, and although she isn't the kind of bunny to sit and snuggle for hours, I love how she will climb onto me and snuffle at my face or nudge my side if I'm in her way.:p

Worst: Ever since Ruby died Millie has (understandably) been different, and she can sometimes be aggressivewith me. She's especially bad in her hutch and ifI take her by surprise or get in her blind spot she will lunge at me.:tears2:It reallymakes me upsetto see her like this - but she lost her sister and best friend so I understand why she can behave in this way sometimes. I still love her to pieces - I just have to be extra patient with her. My special little Millie is still in there, I just have to make her want to come out.:)

I would say that the best trait of both Zoe and Emma is their loving and curious dispositions.

Zoe's "bad" trait is that shegrunts whenever I: 1) move my hands too quickly near her whenshe's in her litter box; 2) try to catch her to take her to the vet; 3) touch her when she's not expecting it (e.g., on her side when she's lying down).

Emma's "bad" trait is that she likes to pull up the edge of the carpeting (and has managed to do so).

Jenk

I only have one rabbit and her name is Holly. I love her like she were my own child. :)

Good habbits

She is soooo outgoing, she adores snuggle time, so VERY snuggly and effectionet! Licks my face constantly!!!:psometimes can't get her to stop licking me!!!:bunnyheart

Latest posts

Back