Young wild cottontail sighting

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zaiya

Allison
Reaction score
There are at least three baby wild cottontails outside of my great aunt and uncle's house right now! They are always around here, but we rarely get the chance to see a whole family! I saw one, and we heard the other two rustling around in the mint... Stopping by for a treat I guess! The one I saw was about the size of my fist!!! ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!

Coming up the road today there was a cottontail bun running on the road. I assumed it was running away from me but after a moment realized it was running down the road toward me. Of course I applied my brakes and slowed way down and he turned into the field. Once I knew he most likely was a ways in the field and not likely to run back onto the road I accelerated.

After almost getting back up to speed I looked in my mirror and saw another vehicle behind me and said "yep lady or man, I brake for bunnies".

It's so sad to see roadkill on the side of the road, but, surprisingly, there are more raccoons and possums. I almost never see rabbits! I'm sad that the raccoons, possums, and cats die on the side of the road (I recently saw a cat dead on the road that was obviously someone's pet :( ), but raccoons and possums like to eat chickens and ducks, so HA! My chickens and duck are safe from your little claws once more!!! :p

Anyways, I was playing peek-a-boo with the baby bunny! It was poking it's head out from under the porch! :p

Latest posts

Back