You know you are a hardcore rabbit person...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubysmom

Reaction score
We just had an awning put onto the back of our house. It's like an aluminum awning and the top came in these long 12 foot rectangular boxes. My mom and I were watching the workmen unload the materials when I spotted the rectangular tube-like boxes. I couldn't resist. I asked the workers what they planned to do with them and they said "throw them out". I asked to keep them. They are PERFECT for the bunnies. I can only imagine what my neighbors thought when my mother and I jumped on those boxes with boxcutters! They unfold and are made of nice, clean, heavy-duty cardboard. We spent all afternoon cutting about 6 boxes into manageable pieces. Hazel and Ellie LOVED them. I have a 6 foot long tube down there and they spend much of the day sleeping in it and ripping it apart. It'll take them forever to get through them. My dad just laughed as I loaded them into my car to drop off to my bunny owning friends.

I know how that is! When we moved, I spotted a big 14" PVC pipe being thrown into the truck as garbage. I immediately asked what they planned ot do with it (just to make sure it was garbage) and when my dad told me it was supposed to be the laundry shoot that they never put it so it was garbage, I immediately told him to not throw it out, it would make a great bunny tunnel. It's 6 feet long and you can imagine the looks we got carrying it into the yard!

It was funny. One of the workers even jumped in to help us cut them up and move the extras into the garage! My friend's bearded dragon loved the piece I gave her but her bunnies were wary.

Latest posts

Back