you know its sad when your kids get excited over sleet

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
furryface wrote:
six inches? that's all you got? LOL

we've got over a foot of snow on the ground up here!!( did I mention I don't own a snowblower and I live on a corner?LOL)
I said about six inches :p I live at the bottom of a hill, am protected by duplexes on the top of the hill, and all the buckthorn plants :p There's probably more, but our apartment faces the hill and I can't see anything other than the basement of some duplexes lol

Yeah we're going relatively nuts over here. It's snowing and it's amazing. Andre' and I were up at five thirty, playing in the snow.

Must be nice to have snow....(whimpers)....we had about an inch or so a couple of years ago and they shut down the roads in and out of town for several hours.

My kids were 12 when we moved to Alaska - they'd only seen maybe an inch or so of snow at any one time. Our first snowstorm was 36 hours long (it was like three storm systems following each other or something) and I want to say we got almost 3 feet of snow (Art would remember). So my kids went from seeing 2" of snow (maybe) to about 3' of snow. It was hilarious to see the looks on their faces the first time they saw it.

We don't get snow here often - and it rarely sticks.

I want snow too...

We usually get maybe 1 or 2 inches every couple of winters.. or maybe 1 inch that stays for a day or two then melts. Every 5 years or so we'll get a huge snow storm blow in that dumps 5-6 inches for 1-2 weeks but that's pretty rare. Mostly fog, frost, and rain in winter. I forget how little snow we actually have because of the snow capped mountains only 2 hrs away. When I was a kid, my parents would always drive us up to the mountain to play in the snow if we missed it.

Still, I think I'd trade that for a little fun on the Texas gulf to warm up my bones for a while, hehe. I need more sunshine.

snow is now all gone:X... we all had a great time... school didn't start until 10 so they got to play in it for awhile before they left... I never saw so many snowmen in my life...It was really cool to see grown ups acting like children...

bat42072 wrote:
snow is now all gone:X... we all had a great time... school didn't start until 10 so they got to play in it for awhile before they left... I never saw so many snowmen in my life...It was really cool to see grown ups acting like children...

:biggrin2:

Ugh. I hate snow. I think it's because I hate the cold.
Actually, snow on the ground might be better that what I get here in Kansas. We usually have some blowing snow, and it may or may not stick, but it makes the roads slick enough to cause accidents. And then there are the ice storms. A couple years ago, there was one bad enough that power was out in some parts of the city for weeks. Weeks!!
Even if there isn't snow, winter here is really cold and windy, so that's not fun. It always seems like winter lasts forever, too, because the temp. is so unpredictable. It's been icy and cold and windy here all week, then it's supposed to be 50 and sunny on Saturday, then the temp will drop back into the teens next week. Sometimes we'll have a week of warm weather, then the cruel cruel cold will return.

Even if there's not actual snow, I have to scrape my car windows most mornings in the winter. :X

Jason and I have talked about moving to Canada (the company we both work for now has a branch in Mississauga, Ontario), but I don't really know if I could deal with *more* winter.

I am not ready for snow. I used to love it. But I hate getting cold. Plus my snow suit that Ihave had for like five years barely fits! Its supposed to snow next weekend also!

Back