Yoga? Pilates? I just joined a new gym in town

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbotina

Reaction score
Just joined a new gym on Monday. Mon night theyhave Yoga, Tues Ab Crunch, Wed Pilates, Thurs Versasize and lots otherclasses during the days that I cant attend due to work. They havetreadmills, Cybex weight machines, bike, stairmaster, etc.

Did my first Yoga class on Monday. Though it wasnt hard it was harder than I would have thought. Tonights Pilates! Wish me luck

Pilates is awesome - I notice a difference in my posture and ab muscles in 2 weeks.

I love yoga and pilates. Yoga is greatfor relaxation and pilates is an excellent ab workout. I planon doing a lot of pilates after baby is born. :)

I love yoga. I hope our bills settledown a little so I can join the YMCA and start classes. I'vebeen doing it on my own for years, but I could use help doing thepostures correctly.

Do they have elliptical trainers? Those are great, especiallyif you have knee or hip problems. It's running without thepain.:)

My mother has been teaching yoga since before Iwas born... She even taught while she was pregnant, right upuntill her due date! She's got some certifications and hasdone alot of studying on the subject, she's veryknowledgable. She specializes in yoga for back injuries, andfor pregnant women.

So I've always done a bit of yoga here and there, but can't afford todo it now because I'm just a poor student... Unless I sneakinto one of my mom's classes, but I can't do that very often as shelives too far away.

--Dawn

I have been a new member of a gym for a coupleof weeks too! I went to one pilates class. Really liked it, butunfortunately have trouble getting there religiously because of workand the kids. In fact, tonight is the class but I caught a tummy bugfrom my 3 year old and dont feel up to it.

The elliptical trainer hurts my knees for some reason. Really bad painand I cant stand to do it more than a minute or two. I dont understandthat because everyone says it is easy on the knees.

Good luck. Hope you get the results you are looking for!

Back