Yo! Yo!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dwarf_Angel04

Reaction score
It's quiet again!

Wow! This time last weekend I was up to my head in tasks!

Needless to say, my local rabbit club held their show with success. It was my first time as the acting show super. and that wasa fun job! Normally, I don't get the chance to run the floor and socialize with friends but was able to do that with that job. The show ran SMOOTH with no judges standing around waiting for a breed and this was even a double show. :DNow, I'm doing the show reports for the show which I've only got 6 breeds left (4 being good sized and 2 are small breeds with just a few rabbits). So Glad!! LOL! Goal is to have all of this done before I hit the road this coming weekend for a weekend full of rabbits and writing. Will have a weekend off then I'll be at OSRBA Mini Convention all weekend!

Weather has been nice for the most part but I've ended up with a nasty cold from the work place. Working in a warehouse where it's warmer outside then inside so everytime we go in from a break you freeze for a bit.

Critters are all well...

Hope everyone's doing great!

Had some kittens born over night outside. She had 4 and lost one... just when we have enough cats inside, she just HAD to pop out a Calico! So I'm working on the parents to allow this kitten inside after she's weaned.

Excuse? My current kitten who will be 7 months the end of the month... has to have a playmate. I mean after all, she's always been the only kitten since she ended up being an orphan. We will get her spayed and have a 6 or 7 month break before the Calico would need spayed. Maybe having a friend her own age would take some of her brattness out of her? Trying to come out with loads of excuses as to why this day old kitten needs to come inside.

However, I'm still working on the father as mother has no problem thus far. My delima? We already had 2 inside cats before our orphan kitten, Ember came along. Then a few weeks back our older outside cat got into a fight and I swear was on death bed. Well, she pulled through and has kinda become an inside cat especially now that there's kittens on the front porch.

What to do... LOL! That would be 5 inside cats... we handle 4 rather well.. yes there's a cat in every room you see and always have a cat beside you. Another cat box... after all we'd still have to feed the calico whether inside or outside..

Hmmm..... :)

I can't get you pictures of the 3 kittens that are outside right now. Momma cat is a very skittish cat but is friendly when she has a litter on her. However, she hasn't left those kittens all day! Just for a brief time to get off the porch to do her 'business' and come right back. She doesn't seem to even want to leave them to eat so her food bowl is right beside the cat tower that she had them in. She's a GREAT mother!

However, I can provide photos of my Ember Ann! Tatiana (bro's gf) is afraid if the calico comes inside that Emmy will feel unwanted but that would never happen. Ember's my baby! This is the day about a week ago that Ember decided to investigate the toliet paper. She didn't think the toliet paper belonged on the roll in the bathroom but rather on the floor. She went through 3 rolls of toliet paper that day! First time she dragged the TP through the house till she found a human... trailing behind her was the queen of the house putting her paw on the toliet paper and made her trail shorter. Second time, I wasn't home and she just left it in a pile. But the last time she unrolled the toliet paper, I was home and let her play in the TP for a good 20 mins. Had to show her how much fun TP can be to play with!!

For those that don't know, Ember came into our hands at a day old in desperate need of help! Her mother had 3 kittens, 2 died and she was the only one left. Well, my aunt and uncle removed the 2 dead kittens from her 'nest' and the mother went nuts and was tossing Ember around. Definately wasn't going to survive under the care of her mother so we gave her a try... many hours and gray hairs later, we've got a 7 month old kitten come the 26th of April. :whistling

S4020764.jpg

S4020782.jpg

She is just gorgeous! it's hard to believe she was that struggling little baby!
She doesn't look spoiled at all either!

OMG she looks just like Stowaway did as a baby! I think he's like 12 now, he's technically my parents' cat.

If you look hard, you can see the word "jolly" in Ember's swirls. Stowaway has "joy" when he's sitting up.:D

Have you seen her baby pictures? omg she's so cute! I didn't know if she'd make it tho - it was scary! Amanda did a great job raising her tho.

If you can't tell, Ember is my sweetie... even though she's mean... she bites and scratches like no other, she's still my heart kitty.

Also, Ember has soo many toys, it's not even funny! It's to the point that she has a basket full of toys and she digs through it to find what toy she wants to play with at that time. Of course, she doesn't put them away! She's got about 10 mice, loads of balls, stuffed animals outta this world, a cube, her own scratching post, bed, floor scratch box, one of those circle things that has a ball inside that she can spin around in the circle, and a little fishing pole looking thing. She doesn't like to share her toys, but does allow Miss Kitty (outside cat that's now inside) to play with her toys and they both play together... so cute. Ember Ann wants to be friends with everyone she comes in contact with and if you don't want to be her friend, she MAKES you become her friend.

Baby pics of Emmy? Got 'em!

5 days old. We didn't have time to take photos of her during her first 4 days here. Too busy fighting for her life... she's big here from when we started.

l_9afe7fccf89ada9c9bbac0fb5bf4084c.jpg

Then no more pictures till she was 20 days old...

l_7c1646e75034f5ce79854e9cc529c2d5.jpg

25 Days old...

l_edb0b0e1701a61f1fea4f591c58e6d82.jpg

39 days old... milky face!

l_23f29b14f9c7ecbe249d47bee6592266.jpg

Our E-Mail Season Greetings photo... about 3 months here....
SeasonsGreetings.jpg

I have loads and loads of more photos of her but not loaded up to be shared on the message board. Majority of them are on my phone. :)

So this gives you a little taste of what we delt with with Ember. She had some ups and downs but we all pulled through.

Can't forget a photo of her with 2 of her pals, Holly and Jewel...

S4020577.jpg

Photos don't show it well, but if she was a rabbit... her color would be a Lynx. :)

Never noticed that "Jolly" on her side.... just might have to go cuddle with her so I can see it in person and not on a photo!

I know. It was a very stressful experience, that's for sure!

I'm not sure if I'd ever handraise a kitten that young again but if put on the spot, I'm sure the heart would say yes. Of course, I'd have to get a bigger house for theorphan kittens. LOL!

Latest posts

Back