Yikes!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBabyBunnies

Reaction score
Wow you guys, me and my dad did some figuring theother day about how much we're saving by buying hay by the bale. I knowI said some costs before but the one thing I forgot to do was accountfor exchange rates and cost difference since most of that hay ispakaged in the states and sent up to Canada after so prices are higherbecause of distance. Well, we pay about $8.00 - $9.00 CDN for 2 roughly60 lbs bales of timothy hay, depending on how the weather is willdetermine the rough cost. It's really nice hay and the boys love it. Tobuy hay by the bag, we would end up paying around $1200/year to feedthe boys the same amount of hay we're feeding now!:shock:Talk about over pricing...

I know what you mean. I was buying bagged timothyat walmart foe approximately $4. I dontremembertheweight but it couldnt have been more than a pound or two. Now I buy 50to 60 lb bales for $3 apiece. It's so much cheaper.

Lanna

Cher,

If your girls go through a lot of hay, it's well worth getting a bale!A lot of times it's nicer than the stuff in stores and it's cheap!We've had 2 bad years for hay and it's still only $4.50 CDN a bale atthe most.

Latest posts

Back