yet another breed question!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indie_chixor

Reaction score
Hey all- i was wondering if you could help me figure out my bun Perry's breed.
With the limited research i've been able to do, i think he's a french lop... but his coloration and face shape seems to be off from the pictures i've seen.
please check out the following photos and help me solve this mystery!

P1010072.jpg

his birthday is ~1.16.06, so he's around 4 months right now, and is 3.3lbs.

thank you for the help!

Definitely not a French Lop as they get upwards of 9 pounds.  He is most likely a mix between a holland lop and mini lop or is a pure-bred Holland Lop.  I can't remember off the top of my head but I believe that Holland Lops carry the dwarfing gene.  This means that some will be "false dwarfs" that is they are still pure-bred but don't carry the dwarfing gene.
Sharon

He's an average size for a Holland Lop at 4 months of age.   He's longer and narrower in type than a "show" quality Holland with the rounded head and short ears.

Pam

Whatever breed he is, he's gorgeous :kiss:

Well thank you all soo much.

:D i was hoping maybe i could try and put him in a show, but since most of the people i've asked says his face is long...

:bunnydance: he's still my adorible little boy!!

indie_chixor wrote:
Well thank you all soo much.
:D i was hoping maybe i could try and put him in a show, but since most of the people i've asked says his face is long...
:bunnydance: he's still my adorible little boy!!
As fun as it is to show....I still think he looks LOVEABLE and cuddly and I adore his coloring!  Maybe you'll just want to "show" him off to friends - and to us on the board in the bunny blog area with lots and lots more photos!

Congrats on having such a cute bunny.

Peg

Latest posts

Back