Yes, an all buck litter!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grumpybabies

Reaction score
Hey guys remember me? It seems so long ago i posted last, and my post has gone anyway, so just an update, i have a litter of 6 and at 4 weeks old i was thinking they may be all bucks, and at 9 weeks i now know i am right! I really don't know how i feel about this, glad because my boys are friendlier, but i really wanted to have some girls to be in with mum permanently,but i have always found it easier to name boys than girls!

So here they are, i still can't take pics btw lol

pets593.jpg

So far they are being called Kye, Diesel, Jet, Ralph and 2 not sure, but i need a name like trouble, and i already have mischief, any ideas? I will say why, one of the black ones likes to shut the hutch door on his brothers when they try and walk in the hutch!

Oh my goodness....I'm no good at names but they sure are cuties!

I'd want them all if I lived nearby.....glad we're far apart!

(Oh wait...I have enough bunnies here!)

Peg

Aww they are soo cute.

Hey it happens with some litters, sometimes you get all boys. But for me I always get all boys toand 1 doe. lol And the nice part is when I et a litter of 4 I get 4 bucks and does. I love when that happens. :)

Wow, all boys! So far in my litters I get one of one sex and then the rest are all the opposite sex. First litter was one doe four bucks, next litter was one buck four does and third litter was one buck two does (two different mothers though). Now I have a litter of two bunnies who are three weeks old, will be interesting to find out what sex they are.

And I love the name Kaos!

I just checked two litters sired by the same buck. One litter was 5 bucks

and the other litter was 6 does. I am starting to think that the doe

has something to do with the sex of the litter.

Roger

Thanks for all the name suggestions, i already have a bandit, i'm thinking about the others, i mean i have only had about 14 weeks to think of names so there's no hurry lol! I will take better pics soon... What do others think about the theory that the female has something to do about the sex of the babies?

Could be. My buck sired two litters - one was four bucks onedoe and the other litter to another doe was four does one buck so I guess it's a possibility that the doe influences sex. Would be an interesting thing to investigate. In saying that, the doe that had the first litter (four bucks one doe) has just had a litter of two does one buck but the sire was a different buck, that might suggest the buck influences the litter. Who knows.

That happens to me sometimes. But the litter I have now with Charlotte all I know is that I only have 1 buck and 2 does,I'm not to sure about the other bunny.

And now I have a 2nd litter with Ginger, I'll befinding out what gender they are in about a few weeks.

Back