yay! i finally have kittens! pic attached

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

todd131

Reaction score
so my AmChin/NZ doe snuggles had a litter of 6 kittens. she is such a good mother! they are 12 days old today.

i was fortunate enough to see her give birth to them. it was amazing. mother and kittens are doing great. :biggrin:

i have a couple of questions <1> when will they start eating the pellets? <2> when do i know it's time to pull out the nest box?

thanks!

135058_1667855709376_1626832971_1499871_6639496_o.jpg

2 days old

photo.jpg

12 days old
todd131

AndersonsRabbits wrote:
They'll start nibbling now. And if they're outside I'd keep that nest box in for a few more weeks.
thanks for the reply. they are inside, i brought all of my bunnies inside for the winter. they actually started eating last night about 2 hours after i asked. :D

I think he meant Kits, but they should start 'sampling' the food soon if they haven't already, and I'd take my boxes out around 3 weeks of age and swap to a board so their little baby feet can't get stuck in the wire.

^ i did and i know they are called kits not sure why kittens flowed off my keyboard. LOL

anyways, they are so precious. a friends 10 YO daughter came by to see them yesterday and picked one out to have as a pet when they are 8 weeks old.

ya know i feel really silly that i did not mention that i could not have come this far without this forum. there are a few of you that have really helped me out over the past year and i am very grateful. sorry i didn't mention this right off.

thanks!

OAN: my neighbor has a doe that we tried to breed to my buck buckley (i know real creative, LOL) however, they did not mate. i watched the whole time and they definitely did not. anyways that rabbit is kindling! she is outdoors and he has a square box for her to go into on cold nights that he puts hay in as well. could she simply have pulled fur to keep herself warmer?

I had too with my 10 day old babies. The babies and momma peed so bad in the box. I had to clean out the nesting box conpeletly. It was gross and wet and frozen. They are now almost 3 weeks old. And they haven't had any fur from momma. The babies are all doing great and growing and little fur balls.

todd131 wrote:
ya know i feel really silly that i did not mention that i could not have come this far without this forum. there are a few of you that have really helped me out over the past year and i am very grateful. sorry i didn't mention this right off.

thanks!

OAN: my neighbor has a doe that we tried to breed to my buck buckley (i know real creative, LOL) however, they did not mate. i watched the whole time and they definitely did not. anyways that rabbit is kindling! she is outdoors and he has a square box for her to go into on cold nights that he puts hay in as well. could she simply have pulled fur to keep herself warmer?
She could be having a false pregnancy, they only last for 14-16 days, in this case she will be acting pregnant and make a nest but not have any babies.

Latest posts

Back