Would you still bring her to the show?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jashaira

Reaction score
Well we have our first show of the season next Saturday the 21st. I went to look everyone over today and found that Candy scratched her nose not sure how though. She is missing fur on the top of her nose. I put my entry in weeks ago. Should I scratch her from the show or just bring her. She already has 1 leg and I wanted to see if she can get more it is a double open show too. You tell me what you would do.

011-4.jpg

009-3.jpg

008-4.jpg

007-2.jpg

She is a real nice looking doe and I have high hopes for her. I even wanted to get her registered at the show too.

Is she right neck to other rabbits?? Maybe they pulled out her fur on her nose or she rubed it on the wire.. I dont really know

Yes she is great, but that missing hair is going to be a major setback. If you keep a close eye one her or move her so that she doesn't keep irritating her nose, some of it may grow back by next saturday but I wouldn't take her with a bald spot.

I would go ahead and bring her. You already paid for her entry and she isn't at all contagious or sick so you are doing anything unethical. There is a possibility she could be disqualified but you would at least get comments on her :) The judge may also let her slide.

Sharon

Hopefully she heals up before the show, to be honest it doesnt look all that bad.

If there is hair regrowth in the proper color by next week take her, if there is none or it grows back white don't take her. You already know she is good quality if she already has a leg, and if shes bald or has white she should be DQ'd and it can reflect badly upon you as a exhibitor/breeder as it is quite obvious and is not something you would not notice.

Latest posts

Back