Worming methods/schedule?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you do decide to deworm regularly it honestly can be done as often as you feel necessary.
Some people choose to do a fecal test regularly instead and only worm as needed.

IMO it comes down to what your rabbits lifestyle is like....
Are they exposed to other animals?
How often do they go outside?
What is their environment like, during what times of year?
Do you take them anywhere?

If youre looking to just deworm, then I like using "Fenbendazole", sorry dont know the dose off the top of my head, have the doses and paperwork back at home. Its pretty safe and has a fairly wide range of uses and doses depending on the parasite or issue in question.

But do remember, just because an animal is 100% indoors and doesnt get exposed to other animals, does NOT mean it is safe from parasites.

Just found this message now. Where can a person get Fendbendazole? From a vet? I don't have an issue with worms here.. I don't think anyways!! But, how old should the bunnies be before giving this to them? I will google it as well. But I have a litter that is just 6 weeks, and figured maybe I can deworm all my rabbits in the next week or so.. just to make sure they are worm free! :)

Fenbendalole (panacur) (also has other brand names) can be gotten from the vet or feed/farm supply stores but again you need the proper dose. I wound up purchasing a bag or alfalfa pellets with the drug in them and weighed out the dose and its sooo easy to give like that. Hopefully somebody else has the dose, mines 4hours and 135$away right now. The only thing i caution with fenbendalole or heck any other dewormer is it can upset tummys especially on young critters. So i always make sure whoever i give it to has had lots to eat and i give them probiotics before and later the day.i deworm... Sometimes the next day too

Back