World Market closing some stores....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BethM

Reaction score
Just a heads up for those of you who use grass mats from World Market. I've had some trouble finding a store closing list, but I believe they are exiting 8 markets:

Cincinnati, OH
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Fort Wayne, IN
Memphis, TN
Omaha, NE
Rockford, IL
Minneapolis-St. Paul & Rochester, MN

WOW! I have one closeby so I'm glad it's not them! I love that store!

I need to get some grass mats for the buns. They haven't had them for awhile. I wish I could buy a ton of them and store them someplace LOL!

I went there today, are you guys talking about the door mats that are made of coconut husks? That was the only thing that I saw but I wanted to check before I bought any. Also, some of the mats are dyed, is that okay, or do you just buy the natural colored ones? If anyone has a pic of their mat I would like to see it!

I don't know if the coconut husk mats would be safe for bunnies?

I get their grass mats. They are usually kept (at least in my store) in the area with the door mats, or else stored in another part of the store. I think they are available in seagrass, maize, and something else I can't remember. They are untreated.
The mats are about a foot square, and are attached loosely together with some sort of string. They are sold (at most stores) for $10 for a strip of 9 mats. You have to ask an employee to cut a strip for you.
At home you can leave them attached, or cut the string to make individual mats. I like the seagrass ones, they smell really good.

Here's a single mat that I attached to Tobi's step for traction:
100_1995.jpg

Here's 3-1/2 mats left together on Nick and Amelia's top level:
(Sorry about all the fur, Nick is starting to molt!)
100_1997.jpg

Here's a close-up of one individual mat in the strip:
100_1998.jpg

Sure! My rabbits really like them. They will lay around on the mats, and eventually chew on them. But, for just over a dollar a mat, it's not bad. Too bad they don't sell them individually, but that's ok. My bunnies still get the occasional Busy Bunny mat for variety, but these are great for "everyday" use.

I learned about these mats here on RO.
I was really upset when I saw that World Market was closing some stores, hopefully they will be able to pull through the tough economy; I really like that store. I think I will go stock up on mats soon, just in case.

I was told by an employee once that they only re-order the mats when they were completely out, so there's a chance of catching them between shipments. I usually just ask an employee for "the grass mats sold in a strip," and they will get them.

Latest posts

Back