Working with animals

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BlueGiants wrote:
I've found that black rabbits can be the hardest to place as pets... some people just don't want a black animal. Sad, huh?

Same here JadeIcing. Black animals are my fave. I love black rabbits, black cats, black dogs, black horses. They're so pretty. hehe. I guess you could say my fave colour is black, but it's not. I just have a "thing" for black animals. I was SO happy when my rabbit finally had a litter with two black babies! And one was -just- like my Magic, but the white was on the opposite shoulder, I should have kept her. Oh how imiss JJ.

I have a question I really want to be a vet when i'm older does anyone no of any subjects i should be taking? and is there a jab that stops you being allergic to cats? coz i'm HIGHLY allergic (was nearly admitted to hospital lol)to them coz of heard of one but i'm not sure if there is one.

As far as black animals go...

With cats, superstition plays somewhat of a role, but in general when people walk into a facility they are drawn to variety.

If you have 8 black pups and one tri-colored one (for example) visually the tri-colored pup will demand a persons attention because it is different from the others.

The same goes with adult dogs. We could have an assortment of black dogs of medium-large size, males and females that are all already fixed, UTD, obedience trained etc... and without fail the dog with no manners or training will be adopted first if it's more "colorful"... based on looks alone when in a setting with multiple black dogs/puppies available.

When all tend to look alike they get lost in the crowd, sadly.

funny, i tend to adopt the black dogs.. with that being said I guess if it comes down to 2 exact dogs just different colors i'll go with the black dog.. funny thing I had 3 black dogs, 2 had small amts of white on them, When we got harley (red dog) people after meeting him "but he's not black" LOL nope he's not but he was our only needy dog that we had at the time and no one wanted him :) Course Story pops right back into the black dog mode being mostly blackwithwhite LOL..

oh and as a kid our black cats were lucky, not very many people then had house cats and same with ours who were indoor/outdoor cats, people would drive into the ditch to avoid hitting"the black cat" if they were in the road...

Latest posts

Back