Work Out Companions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lalena2148

Reaction score
Hiall! I thought I'd try something on here. I'm currently going to startworking out after a LONG time off of it (starting this afternoon). Ithink the last time I really did it was 2 years ago. I was in reallygood shape then. Now, I guess after moving into my own place, working,'real life', getting married, I have let myself go. But now after notbeing able to fit into my favorite pair of jeans. So now, I am sayingI'm going to start to do it. I feel like if I voice my commitment andwrite it down, I will stick to it. I'm trying to lose 15 lbs by mybirthday 4/8 (Easter).

I also would like to offer support to anyone else who wants to start toget fit and healthy! I KNOW how hard it is to get started, but you willfeel so much better once you're into it! :colors:

Share healthy and effective tips!
Ask questions and find answers!

And, it would be easier if we all work together! :)

EDIT: I forgot to add that my family has a history of high bloodpressure and high cholesterol so I'm also trying to get into shape toavoid any future problems.

What a great idea! :D

I'm also trying to lose weight but I wouldn't like to say how much :disgust:, it is going to take me a while.

I have started working out about 4 weeks ago, the first week wasn't sogood but since then it's been much better. I work out with weightsevery second evening with my partner Mathew. He's been a real help:hug:, and really pushes me but some days I feel totally lazy. I'm alsotrying to watch what I eat but that's the hard part :sigh. I have a barand I usually have 15kg loaded on it (hmm, about 33 pounds?) and I haveno idea about the name of the exercise I do but I squat down, grab thebar and bring it up to hip level, then up to chest, then push above myhead. It's an awesome exercise and really works the entire body, I dothree sets of that at 20/18/16 reps. You can even do it with a broom ifyou don't like to lift heavy things. Then I do squats, lunges,push-ups, bicep curls, tricep kick-backs and crunches. I usually end itby running on the spot then slowing it down to a walk.

I have noticed a change in my body but I haven't really dropped anyweight and that's a bit disapointing but I am consoling myself withseeing how I am building a bit of muscle tone :woohoo

I'm 24 now and I've never been slim and sexy so I feel it's about time I hop to it!

Michelle

I need to lose a little weight myself.

I've been using www.fitday.comamd www.slimfast.com

They both have food logs you can use that really help with thediet. You can select from foods listed or create your owncustom foods by usingnutrition labels. Slimfastalso has a weight tracker and a "Buddy Network". I lovereading the success stories.

Minilops, I thought I would mention to you thatsince you said you haven't lost any "weight" yet, I used to lift and Idid alot of watching weight-lifting shows that aren't on anymore andthey say that you won't lose any at first, fat is changing over tomuscle, which weighs more, so you will actually gain a little probablyand then start to drop in weight.:D Sounds like you've got agood thing going!

I have gotten so lazy these days that it isn't even funny. This summer I may start to do a little. ;)

Hey, I'll join in the mix! I've beenon my weight-loss trek since August, but I've still got approx. 50lbsto lose before I'm at my target weight. I've lost about 20lbsso far, but it looks like a lot more, since my main workout isrollerskating at least twice a week, and my legs have bulked up inmuscle quite a bit. The first couple months, I didn't lose asingle lb per the scale, but like Snuffles mentioned, I know it'sbecause muscle was building and trading pound for pound with the fat Iwas losing.

It's nice to see my true self emerging now, though! It'sfunny to have really muscular, wonderfully-built legs...and to stillhave the belly. I feel so off-balanced! Hehe...butI recently started balancing my skating with doing ab workouts on mydays off from skating. That way things will get morebalanced. :D

It's so exciting, though!! The nice thing is that, with allthe physical activity I'm now doing, my body actually CRAVES healthierfood.

It's funny...I've never had a very big appetite, but even with howlittle I eat, when my metabolism slowed WAY down after having mydaughter (and entering adulthood), my metabolism has gotten so slowfrom non-activity (relating to taking care of my girl and such) thatthe little bit I ate didn't seem to burn off. The good thingis, though, that now I'm starting to see it speed up, and though I'mactually eating MORE, I'm losing weight quite nicely! :D

So...I would absolutely LOVE to join you in your effort to loseweight. We weight-losers gotta stick together! :D

Hugs!

Rosie*

maherwoman wrote:
my metabolism slowed WAY down after having my daughter
I can relate, although the opposite happened to me - atfirst. Right after my daughter was born, my metabolism wentthrough the roof and I lost 70 pounds.

Unfortunately, it was due to a tumor on my thyroid. They hadto remove the tumor, along with HALF of my thyroid gland.

It was so hard to adjust afterward to a REALLY slowmetabolism. I gained 30 pounds the first month after thesurgery and never lost it. It's been 12 years! Ihave to starve myself to lose weight now.

:shock: Oh no! I'm so sorryto hear that...things like that are so tough to handle emotionally,especially when you just can't put things back the way theywere.

For the record, I have had my thyroid tested a couple times, and foundout that it's normal. I had it tested mostly because it runsin my family like a fiend. :( My mother andgrandmother both had to have theirs taken out, and my aunt and sisterboth have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism. Seems itprefers the women in my family...but that isn't difficult, since weoutnumber the men in my family by quite a bit!! (Mygrandmother had three girls, and one boy...my mother had four girls,etc.)

Snuggys Mom wrote:
maherwoman wrote:
mymetabolism slowed WAY down after having my daughter
I can relate, although the opposite happened to me - atfirst. Right after my daughter was born, my metabolism wentthrough the roof and I lost 70 pounds.

Unfortunately, it was due to a tumor on my thyroid. They hadto remove the tumor, along with HALF of my thyroid gland.

It was so hard to adjust afterward to a REALLY slowmetabolism. I gained 30 pounds the first month after thesurgery and never lost it. It's been 12 years! Ihave to starve myself to lose weight now.

i am working on some weight loss too. . .mysister is getting married in july (7-7-07) and i want to drop 30 pounds(i would ideally like to drop 50. . .but i am only working on the 30 inhopes that the last 20 will just happen by then).

i bought an exersice ball (and love it! it is fun to workout on it!)and just finished reading the You! on a diet book by dr. oz (the onethat is always onoprah) and find it to be basically an eatinghealthy diet (i loved the book because it went into how your body usesthe food you eat, ect).

i am starting my eating healthy in a week or so, i have a few moremeals that i want to have that i won't be eating again (the moreprocessed meals. . .).

Hi all,

Ill join in too. Ive been starting my healthy eating since monday. Iordered some hand weights, pedometer and some resistnace bands whicharrived today. I got them off
http://www.boots.com(English site), which is having a sale and some of the think are reallywell priced...... there was a punch bag i was going to get but havntgot anywhere to store it, lol.

:muscleman:Im 20 and weight 20 stone...... not good i know. Im wantingto lose 7 stone- looks like i'll be talking to you all for some time tocome.:DI was always big as a child. When my parents splitwhen i was 5 when my dad visited he used to give me and my brother 2pound to go into the sweet shop with...... believe me you could buyALOT with that. Thats how it all started and now its become a comfort.Well now its time for me to give it up!

Im chat with anyone who wants to do the same.

Take Care

Luv

Cat x

Did anyone see Bob Green on Oprah this morning?

He has a new 3 step weight loss plan. For the first month, you don'tdiet reallybut work out. You have to avoid these 6 foods forphase 1 and 2:

1) Soda- if you have to drink some, have diet and only 1 a day
2) Foods w/ trans fats
3) Fried foods
4) White bread- you can have carbs, but only 100% whole wheat or multigrain
5) Regular pasta-you can have pasta, but only 100% whole wheat or multigrain
6) High fat dairy products-try to have 1% or skim milk

Seems easy enough for me. And he said in phase 3, you can add SOMEstuff back in. Like if you love fried foods, you can have SOME but noteveryday and in smaller portions. Phase 3 is about changing lifestylesand MAINTAINING the weight you lost in phase 1 and 2.

Just thought I'd place that up here, because I was intrigued (as Iloathe dieting) but this seems easy because it's less restricting.

http://www2.oprah.com/health/bob/bestlife/diet/basics/basics_6foods.jhtml

I am just inishing this big treck! I lost 25 lbwith the plans snuggles mom has dow. I am lovin it! I have so much moreenergy to play with my baby bun! Andone who needs encouragement cantalk to me bacuse i went throught it all, but man it is worth it. I cangaurentee you you will feel so good! I also treated myself to a massagefor ever 5lb i lost.

Im actually starting my diet/exercise program today! The plan was for the 1st, but then I got really sick so I put it off.

I had put on a little weight during college, so 2 summers ago I went ona mission. I did low carb and exercise and lost 25 pounds in about 2months!

Somehow Ive stopped working out and Ive been eating like crap, so Im ona mission again. I need to lose a good 15-20 pounds stat!

Its nice to hear everyone is as frustrated as I am. I refuse to go up in jean size again :)

oh, i can't believe i missed this episode! i aman oprah junkie! but i am set on my ways of the dr. oz diet. i amcurrently working my way over to him (we just stocked the fridge withveggies, fruit, and health foods)

Well I started a weight loss programme and sofar have lost 16lbs in 2 weeks but then I do have a hell of a lot toloose. At least 80 more lbs lol.

Latest posts

Back