Work at Home

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DyemondRabbitry

Reaction score
Ok, so I've been looking into some "work at home" deals but there are so many scams out there it's rediculous. I'd like to atleast supplement my income with the baby coming.Has anybody had any luck doing work from home?

My best friend does editing for science journals at home. She has the choice whether or not to accept jobs or not so she doesn't get too many at once. I'd say she's very happy with it. She found the job through some of the science journals she reads (she has a PhD in fish biology so she actually reads those for fun;).)

I know another person who did medical transcription at home for a while and I think she was very happy with it. She only did it while her kids were little so it's been a few years since she's done it. She did not have a college degree or training prior to doing it but I think she had to do some kind of training to do the job but it wasn't very involved.

In my area there is a few "over the phone" type jobs. The call center for a clothes store close to my house is advertising that you can work from home. They provide you with the phone line(maybe computer too?) and you take customer orders.

I worked for one of the four companies listed in the second article when it talks about Call Centers and I know a bit about them.

West & LiveOps focus a lot on SALES - you will be talking to people who are calling in about a product they're seeing on tv or reading about in a flyer. You get certified to work in certain lines as you study to answer questions and then take a test. When I first worked at home, West did not have employees but "contractors" and you were paid a per minute rate for the minutes you were on the phone with customers. Starting out - you might be scheduled for a 30 minute block of time but only be on the phone with customers 15 minutes. You also got bonuses based upon how much you upsold and you had scripts to read and had to go from one script to the next one to the next one unless a customer threatened to hang up or cancel their order.

Arise is interesting - if it is the company I'm thinking of - you pay to take the training and get certified in certain lines and then you bid on those jobs - but I understand the rate of pay on those jobs is higher per hour than nost call center jobs.

I worked for Alpine Access - and I was a customer service rep for a major store's credit card line. I worked 5 hours per day - 5 days per week - 1 of which HAD to be on Saturday. I was good at what I did - was about to become the top tier CSR when I burnt out - partly due to customers - largely due to other stresses in my life. I was cutting my shifts short because someone needed me - and I was miserable.

UHaul frequently hires people to work from home now to work their 1-800 line for when trucks break down.

A couple of good forums are:

http://www.workplacelikehome.com/forum/

and

http://www.wahm.com/forum/

Hope this helps!

Latest posts

Back