Woody Pet

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lily&Riley

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Imay be interested in purchasing some woody pet for my three litter boxes. I've been buying these Oxbow wheat pellets, but at $20 a bag that lasts me about a month, I think that's crazy! I have a bonded pair and my little girl Lily eats everything you put in her litterbox, I've tried carefresh, yesterday's news, all the brands...and she eats them all! So I switched to these all natural, completely edible wheat pellets and of course she doesn't eat them... but they are much too expensive! I'm thinking of switching to a product like Woody Pet, because its much cheaper,but before I make the trek to the place that carries it I was wondering about people's experience with rabbits who like to eat their litter. I read on the website that to activate it (for horses) you put a little water on it and it fluffs up. If Lily eats this product won't it expand in her stomach and cause a blockage? I've also put a wire covering over her litterboxes but the spoiled brat does not like it and will refuse to use her litter box :nerves1... Does anyone have any suggestions?

I just posted this almost exact thing in another similar post, wood pellets as bedding:

Another thing you can try is going to a Feed store (you can find some near you in things like the MSN or Yahoo Yellow Pages), and asking for ABM. It's the same, and MUCH cheaper than anything you'd find at a store.

I buy big 35lb bags of ABM for about $8 in the states (here in Canada, the ones I've found are about $10, but still MUCH cheaper than buying regular commercial wood pellets like Feline Pine). It's wonderful on odor control, as it just breaks down when it absorbs the urine, and if they nibble on it, it's okay, as it's wood. :)

You might want to check out the things said in the above thread, as well. Always handy to get more information! :)

maherwoman wrote:
I buy big 35lb bags of ABM for about $8 in the states (here in Canada, the ones I've found are about $10, but still MUCH cheaper than buying regular commercial wood pellets like Feline Pine). It's wonderful on odor control, as it just breaks down when it absorbs the urine, and if they nibble on it, it's okay, as it's wood. :)
:)
I got some of that stuff ( I think it is the same brand) at the UFA for $6.50 with tax for a 35lbs bag. I believe there is a UFA near Edmonton. You will probably have to ask for it as they keep it in the back, not the store part.

Wood pellet litter is safe if eaten. It breaks down into a sawdust kind of thing when it gets wet.
Putting your location in your Profile would be helpful. Even just your country or state/province would be great. :)

Good point, Sophie!! :)

Ooh...I'll check that place out...thank you! :)

Edit: What's UFA stand for?

Okay, wonderful! Thank you!! :D

I feel kinda lost here, having to get my bearings on bunny supplies all over again, lol! We're having a bit of a time figuring everything out, but it all works together in the end, eh? :)

NICE!! Thanks, Stan! You seem to be the Pro from Dover with those abbreviations! :D

LOL...still the Pro! :D

Back