Wondering what color?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

massie777

Reaction score
These two babies where born in my rescue about 6 days ago. There mother is an angora lop and came from the huge rescue of 160 angora rabbits in Canada. Mom is like a grey/blue color, she has some white patches and she has half blue half brown eyes, they are really cool. Wondering what color you think the babies are?

They are both different colors.

This is the darker baby
6ABaby4.jpg
6ABaby6.jpg

This is the lighter baby
6ABaby5.jpg

This is them together...They are soo cute, I am falling in love with the color of these two
6ABaby.jpg
6ABaby1.jpg

The blue eyes and white patches on the mother would indicate the presence of the vienna gene, which is what causes BEW (Blue-eyed-whites). However, she is only a carrier obviously, not a BEW herself- these are called VM's or vienna marks.

I'd say the darker kit is another blue VM like mom.

The lighter kit...it is hard to tell from pictures.

Do you know what dad was, by chance? If so, that would make it easier to tell you since only certain genetic possibilities can come from certain colors.

Geez...how could you keep that many angoras...crazy person.

Good luck with them all. XD I agree that the one looks like a blue VM like mama is. The other is hard, but I definatly want to see those pictures of them when they are older. I bet they are gonna be so cute! :p

Latest posts

Back